VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shouldn't they BOTH be retiring?

There's enough young talent to fill those seats. I guess Button still has the money behind him....
Yep. Come to think of it, but ALOs getting close as well. Pains me to say that, but if the '17 car doesn't go well, he said he was done. :disappointed_relieved:

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Yep. Come to think of it, but ALOs getting close as well. Pains me to say that, but if the '17 car doesn't go well, he said he was done. :disappointed_relieved:
I'm sure gonna miss him, I don't have any driver mind replacing him as my favorite driver. Ricciardo and Sainz could probably be the next but definitely no one can replace him, just a different league of his own.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Shouldn't they BOTH be retiring.
Man, I watched an interview with Button today at Baku and the guy looks like all enthusiasm for F1 is gone. Come to think of it, he's been really lackluster for a while. I wonder if he already knows that Stoffel is coming. I can actually see him retiring as well.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Man, I watched an interview with Button today at Baku and the guy looks like all enthusiasm for F1 is gone. Come to think of it, he's been really lackluster for a while. I wonder if he already knows that Stoffel is coming. I can actually see him retiring as well.
You might want to include Alonso too in regards to the lack of enthusiasm. I wouldn't mind seeing Button head back to Williams to finish his career where it started, but could easily see him hang it up and become a partner to Coulthard in front of the camera.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You might want to include Alonso too in regards to the lack of enthusiasm. I wouldn't mind seeing Button head back to Williams to finish his career where it started, but could easily see him hang it up and become a partner to Coulthard in front of the camera.
I think ALO still has fire in his belly. What you see from him is frustration. I don't get the same feeling from Jens or even Massa.

·
Registered
11,279 Posts
Austria GP weekend TV alert...

Both qualifying and the race will be shown live on CNBC, not NBCSports.
NBCSports will have the TdF broadcast, and will broadcast the replay later in the day...however if you want both Sat/Sun live or want to dvr it, make sure to change your dvr settings.
Friday FP 1&2 will be on NBCSports.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Some interesting things are developing.
I'm not sure whether I believe the Vettel to Mercedes rumors. But it is also worth questioning whether Mercedes will even still be the best come 2018.
I'm not sure whether I believe the Vettel to Mercedes rumors. But it is also worth questioning whether Mercedes will even still be the best come 2018.
With Newey recommitted at RB for 2017 and Renault having picked up the pieces, my money would be on them possibly dominating again!
Perhaps Max with the crown at the end of the year, if they get it right out of the box!
Things at Ferrari sure are not looking very good lately. With Allison rumored to leave the team to head back to England, that will surely hurt their performance in a big way. Who knows what will happen there!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Some interesting things are developing.
With Newey recommitted at RB for 2017 and Renault having picked up the pieces, my money would be on them possibly dominating again!
Perhaps Max with the crown at the end of the year, if they get it right out of the box!
Things at Ferrari sure are not looking very good lately. With Allison rumored to leave the team to head back to England, that will surely hurt their performance in a big way. Who knows what will happen there!
I can find nothing to fault here. My bet is on RB getting the chassis right next year before anyone else.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, that confirms that Allison is gone. First of all, how does that affect Ferrari and VETs title hopes. No doubt that with the new regs coming next year that it will hurt them right out of the box. An Italian that I've never heard of is taking over.
The other interesting thing is where will Allison turn up? I'm sure his career is not done, so what (British) team will pick him up? McLaren? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Last pole for Ferrari was VET at Singapore 2015. Before that it was ALO at Hockenheim in 2012! More and more they are falling further back. Even RB is moving ahead....

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I had hopes for Ferrari sticking it to Mercedes this season. Maybe after the break they'll come back swinging. But Red Bull is starting to look pretty strong. Really looking forward to see what they can do in the second half or the season.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I thought I read that here hasn't been an improvement on the Ferrari since May. Not sure if they are focusing on the 2017 car, or if it already had something to do with Allison.
Has anyone seen the YouTube video of VET at Hockenheim, where he thought the race was over and slowed to collect clag at the runoff at turn one, then realized that he had a whole lap to go still? That cost him 7-8 seconds and he almost got passes by RAI. Afterwards, he wasn't exactly truthful when asked about it.....

21 - 36 of 36 Posts