VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (adgridley)

what a bunch of uninformed mullet-heads http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (matoo3)

girl's cars. whatever man. my girl definitely loves mine.
i have no opinions really on the F-body. i barely know what it is. but from what i've read in the past on several forums, they are as nuts about the f-body as we are about the 1.8T. the f-body can never lose is freely interchangable with the 1.8T can never lose.
they raise some pretty good points in the thread though. if they stopped the flaming on each other and read what they are saying, they really could combine what they are saying to come up with what the truth of the matter is.
vwvortex and its members are what brought the 337 here. VW did listen. However they wouldn't have brought it if they didn't think they could make a profit on it. so really a mix of the two arguments is most likely what is really going on.

·
Banned
2,754 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (MB300E87)

F-Bodys needed alot of refinement which they never got so many years in production and the interiors were cheap plasticky/doors whe closehutsound like a 78 monte carlo.
Theyre desing outside was not bad ,and they were fast for the money

·
Registered
2,885 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]what a bunch of uninformed mullet-heads http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​
Many of the the responses are positive to VW. Many of the Fbody owners seem to appreciate what VW is doing. Then there are a few who dont.
On the flip side, most of the Vortex threads about Fbodies include things like ignorant mullet-heads/white trash/gold chains.
J.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Crazyquik)

I think this response hits the nail on the head as far as the rampant stereotyping that occurs on both boards :
"You guys crack me up with your "its a girl's car" and "its a ****'s car" references. So, I assume all of you will be getting your mullets trimmed this fine evening?" - 2000_Z

[Modified by Where'sWaldo, 4:12 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Where'sWaldo)

Hey, don't diss the mullet!
I am trying to grow one! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (MB300E87)

quote:[HR][/HR]
vwvortex and its members are what brought the 337 here. VW did listen. However they wouldn't have brought it if they didn't think they could make a profit on it. so really a mix of the two arguments is most likely what is really going on.[HR][/HR]​
Although they are mostly using parts already in the VW bins for the 337, which may allow them to make a profit on it, I doubt it's too much. Sometimes a car maker puts out a car just to create a stir and excite potential owners, despite losing money on it.
I think I read that Honda/Acura lost quite a bit of money on every Integra Type-R they sold, and continue to lose money on the NSX. Of course, I have no evidence to substantiate that claim. Also, I doubt Ford makes much money, if any at all, on their SVT cars.
-Mike

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (TRYNTRUEA2)

quote:[HR][/HR]F-Bodys needed alot of refinement which they never got so many years in production and the interiors were cheap plasticky/doors whe closehutsound like a 78 monte carlo.
Theyre desing outside was not bad ,and they were fast for the money[HR][/HR]​
I can't understand a word you're trying to say.

·
Banned
7,292 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Apollo-Soyuz 1975)

I read the first page of replies on the Camaro board, and the main argument over on there is that GM can't make money (or can't make enough) to justify continuing the Camaro....
This has me
. I think the reason those cars aren't selling is because GM never markets them! Seriously, GM has ads for boring cars like Buick LeSabres and Chevy Malibu's but I can't remember the last time I saw an F-Body ad.
Ford seems to be doing pretty well using the same basic formula as the Camaro in their Mustang.... No frills RWD with powerful engine that can go fast.

·
Registered
23,270 Posts

Im sorry but every time I go in to the F-body forum it pisses the crap out of me, from the utter stupidity to lying to the negitive references about anbody who isnt white, straight, etc. Every other response is "yeah vw's are **** cars". wow, this is so mature, and they say there lovers of performance cars, yet most fbodys dont handle worth crap, (and yes I have driven them) the live axle rear is good for nothing but butter smooth pavement. and yet if you read the forum, they bitch about the vw's not offering a limited slip, yet alot of vw's could run cricles around those cars. the refernce to "im not buying a nazi car" was good too, seriously are there people that still think stuff like this?, This is the problem in America today, ignorance like that. also there pretty good at lying too, look at this video link
Http://www.virtualdoom.shacknet.nu:21498/godspeed/godspeed180plus.mpg
whats really intersting is how its labled 180mph+, and yet the spedometer barely moves from the last mark which is 150 mph, if he was lucky he touched 160, but yet this is also smart you can easily see the traffic in the video after he slows down, (yeah it was a public road) ok my rant is over

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Maybe we should all plead with VW to make a 5th Gen f-body.
[HR][/HR]​
Oh boy, I can imagine that. Photochop challenge: make a VW Camaro, if you're bored, some day. Smokey and the bandit meets Herbie?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (GTIinfuture)

I think I read that Honda/Acura lost quite a bit of money on every Integra Type-R they sold, and continue to lose money on the NSX. Of course, I have no evidence to substantiate that claim. Also, I doubt Ford makes much money, if any at all, on their SVT cars.
-Mike[HR][/HR]​
I doubt this for some reason, but if I'm wrong everybody gang up on me and tell me.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Turbopup2)

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they lose money on the type R and the NSX.
Both have hand built engines!! Think about the labor costs involved.
These cars ultimately make money anyways. There is a well established trend
with consumers that they feel better about buying a product when their is a
more up-market version of vehicle. I.e., you might feel better buying a non-WRX
imprezza because the WRX version is considered great, and so your own car
must be pretty good too. There is also the phenomena of pulling people into
the show room. I'll bet a lot of people went to look at the type R integra and
walked away with a GSR that they might not have otherwise purchased.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Jettavr666)

quote:[HR][/HR]Im sorry but every time I go in to the F-body forum it pisses the crap out of me, from the utter stupidity to lying........they say there lovers of performance cars, yet most fbodys dont handle worth crap, (and yes I have driven them)[HR][/HR]​
Then you dont know how to drive them, because your expirence seems to be with fwd cars with less than 200 hp. Jumping into a rear driver with 250-350 is going to be a different style of driving.
quote:[HR][/HR] the live axle rear is good for nothing but butter smooth pavement. and yet if you read the forum, they bitch about the vw's not offering a limited slip, yet alot of vw's could run cricles around those cars.
[HR][/HR]​
You say the Fbody guys are utterly stupid and lie, yet many VWs dont have independant rear suspensions either. If you look at the results from stock class autocrosses, Fbodies usually go a bit quicker than VWs. Dont forget that a solid rear axle Mustang GT beat an Integra Type R on a road course in Sport Compact Car of all publications.
The car in that video, its has a fully built 385 cubic inch LS1 with the INCON twin turbo package. He was making in excess of 600 rwhp (I forget how much in excess).
J.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Crazyquik)

To be honest, GM actually listened to consumers. No they didn´t bring the F-body back, but people have been crying to bring Holdens to the US. Now they are bringing the Monaro as Pontiac GTO.
I wonder what GM does wiithout the F-body here in Europe. Ok their sales are dismal, but the Camaro made quite a portion of those sales. How about the Monaro for Europe, too.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (1 and 20 characters)

Yeah, my favorite quotes are the "VW's are for homogays and girls."
And the "Buy American! I'm UAW, and you're hurting me!" Sorry bud, I dislike Unions, you yourselves hurt America. I see myself as helping American manufacturers by showing them that I won't sit back and buy whatever crap they feed us, rather by losing a customer hopefully they will initiate changes to regain my interest. And my dollars.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Jettavr666)

quote:[HR][/HR]yet most fbodys dont handle worth crap, (and yes I have driven them) the live axle rear is good for nothing but butter smooth pavement. and yet if you read the forum, they bitch about the vw's not offering a limited slip, yet alot of vw's could run cricles around those cars.[HR][/HR]​
I can't think of one VW/Audi offered here (stock, of course) that can run circles around a LS1 powered F body. Period. No ifs, ands or buts about it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Triumph)

man, some of you guys make no sense, nearly all of those replies are giving vw compliments as a company. And you come with responses like mullets etc..
Tell you what, I think the @holes that drive f-bodies and the @holes that drive vw's should go out and make a new board so they can sit there and flame each other when it doesn't even make sense. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif all those with comments about mullets are just like the ones who say vw are girls cars, proof again that an @ss can buy ANY type of car and still be an @ss.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Re: Interesting Perspective - CamaroZ28.com's comments on the 337? (Ls1Tech)

quote:[HR][/HR]Tell you what, I think the @holes that drive f-bodies and the @holes that drive vw's should go out and make a new board so they can sit there and flame each other when it doesn't even make sense.[HR][/HR]​
Can we add a clause that prevents anyone who joins this theoretical idiot-central website from returning to their respective vw or f-body websites? That would be cool.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts