VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
61 - 80 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
Harriet the N and Olga-vagon
1,981 Posts
Im not familiar w/ the EIP tuning story, though I vaguely remember the logo I think... can anybody fill me in?
Think almost Hennessey levels of deceit, but not stealing parts from one customer's car to be used on another's. I think they basically just bolted on turbos that made the cars go splodey, and sometimes kept customer cars disassembled in perpetuity.
I recall some "new" engines that turned out to be random junk parts inside
Only website still up that kind of covers the story.

This is how they shipped the last thing I ever ordered from them:

I ordered two, got one on the first attempt and it was smashed to bits. Explained to the customer service rep that did the return/exchange how it was packaged, wrongly assuming they would maybe report it and it would get fixed. Second attempt ended with one of the mirrors shipped in a box, like the first, and then second mirror shipped in a soft plastic envelope. Both were damaged.

·
Vendor
39,662 Posts
A message from our CEO, Imran Jooma

My name is Imran Jooma and I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the CEO of ECS Tuning. In addition to addressing some concerns raised by a former employee in a recent Facebook post, I would like to provide an update on a number of initiatives we have undertaken at ECS and Turner Motorsport.

Since joining ECS late last year, I have worked closely with our team to explore ways for improving the business for associates and customers alike. My pledge to our current and prospective customers is that I am personally committed to creating a positive work environment for ECS and Turner Motorsport associates, which I am confident will result in a better shopping experience and allow us to exceed our customers’ expectations as their source for enthusiast-driven support.

I know you have many choices for maintaining and improving your car, but I want to earn your business and trust.

The integration of Turner Motorsport was not without its challenges. That said, I can assure you that we are committed to learning from that experience. What gives me confidence today and for our future is that we have and will continue to build a fantastic team of dedicated automotive-enthusiast associates that work tirelessly to help customers find the best products for their cars. In addition, we continue to partner with Turner Motorsport founder, Will Turner, and are committed to our sponsorship of the Turner Race Team, which is celebrating a big win at Watkins Glen this past weekend!

Over the last several months, we have enhanced the customer experience of our website, improved search capabilities, mobile layout, and focused on a user-centric design. In addition, we have invested heavily in our domestic R&D team to accelerate the introduction of new and exciting products. At the same time, we’ve increased the size of customer service staff and are making sure they are trained to effectively take care of our customers. Specifically, we are working to address a number of concerns regarding fulfillment that were brought to our attention by our valued customers. On the customer-engagement side of our business, we successfully hosted sweepstakes to giveaway two fully built cars to our valued customers.

Yes, we received an investment from a private equity sponsor, but that is not who we are. We are 300+ real people striving to exceed customer expectations, developing an enjoyable place to work together, and building sustainable win/win relationships with the vendors that make so many of the parts we all love. We are real people, enthusiasts and plain old hard-working people just like you.

To any former associates who still carry any resentment over their time at ECS and Turner Motorsport, I am sorry about your experience. I can assure you that things have changed and continue to get better every day for our associates. Like the associates who have recently rejoined the ECS team, we invite you back so we can show you around. We are not perfect, just committed to improving every single day!

-Imran Jooma

-James

·
Registered
2016 Mazda MX-5 Club, 2012 Golf R, 2021 Mazda CX-30 Turbo Premium
2,228 Posts
:popcorn:

·
I had to ask....
2,222 Posts

·
987.1 Cayman S, MK4 R32, S124 E320
12,837 Posts

This message can also be found on his Facebook page (LINK) please feel free to comment on it as he can/will respond.

-James
Posting that letter to the ECS Facebook page would go a much longer way than posting it to a shell of a personal profile that looks to have been created a few hours ago with a whopping 2 people on the friends list (employees of ECS at that) :popcorn:

·
Registered
7,277 Posts

My name is Imran Jooma and I want to take this opportunity to introduce myself as the CEO of ECS Tuning. In addition to addressing some concerns raised by a former employee in a recent Facebook post, I would like to provide an update on a number of initiatives we have undertaken at ECS and Turner Motorsport.

Since joining ECS late last year, I have worked closely with our team to explore ways for improving the business for associates and customers alike. My pledge to our current and prospective customers is that I am personally committed to creating a positive work environment for ECS and Turner Motorsport associates, which I am confident will result in a better shopping experience and allow us to exceed our customers’ expectations as their source for enthusiast-driven support.

I know you have many choices for maintaining and improving your car, but I want to earn your business and trust.

The integration of Turner Motorsport was not without its challenges. That said, I can assure you that we are committed to learning from that experience. What gives me confidence today and for our future is that we have and will continue to build a fantastic team of dedicated automotive-enthusiast associates that work tirelessly to help customers find the best products for their cars. In addition, we continue to partner with Turner Motorsport founder, Will Turner, and are committed to our sponsorship of the Turner Race Team, which is celebrating a big win at Watkins Glen this past weekend!

Over the last several months, we have enhanced the customer experience of our website, improved search capabilities, mobile layout, and focused on a user-centric design. In addition, we have invested heavily in our domestic R&D team to accelerate the introduction of new and exciting products. At the same time, we’ve increased the size of customer service staff and are making sure they are trained to effectively take care of our customers. Specifically, we are working to address a number of concerns regarding fulfillment that were brought to our attention by our valued customers. On the customer-engagement side of our business, we successfully hosted sweepstakes to giveaway two fully built cars to our valued customers.

Yes, we received an investment from a private equity sponsor, but that is not who we are. We are 300+ real people striving to exceed customer expectations, developing an enjoyable place to work together, and building sustainable win/win relationships with the vendors that make so many of the parts we all love. We are real people, enthusiasts and plain old hard-working people just like you.

To any former associates who still carry any resentment over their time at ECS and Turner Motorsport, I am sorry about your experience. I can assure you that things have changed and continue to get better every day for our associates. Like the associates who have recently rejoined the ECS team, we invite you back so we can show you around. We are not perfect, just committed to improving every single day!

-Imran Jooma

This message can also be found on his Facebook page (LINK) please feel free to comment on it as he can/will respond.

-James
Well I guess that fixes everything (add as much sarcasm as needed).

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Posting that letter to the ECS Facebook page would go a much longer way than posting it to a shell of a personal profile that looks to have been created a few hours ago with a whopping 2 people on the friends list (employees of ECS at that) :popcorn:
The comments are pure gold though, wheres my michael jackson gif when i need one :laugh:

·
12,790 Posts
Agree completely with this, a promise made from the main platform itself is what should have happened. Addressing the group directly, and narrowly, doesn’t assure anyone that ECS will stand for its customers, and address their concerns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
VW does still sell parts at the dealer ;)

1stvwparts is always solid
germanautoparts
havent got anything from potter in a while, but they were always good in the past (https://parts4vws.com/)
Well there's a couple problems with those suggestions, GAP just went belly up and finding parts for any Vw older than a Mk3 isn't going to happen at your local dealer.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
So what are some good companies to buy VW/ Euro parts from?
Apparently a lot of people are suggesting FCPEuro - https://www.fcpeuro.com/

Agree completely with this, a promise made from the main platform itself is what should have happened. Addressing the group directly, and narrowly, doesn’t assure anyone that ECS will stand for its customers, and address their concerns.
Couldn't agree more and it's a bad look when apparently there's 2 profiles on facebook for Imran. The one they just made, and then his real one.

Also, one of their "writers" is attempting damage control on the group by answering and responding, but truthfully might be digging their hole deeper.

Might be a good case study on how not to deal with fallout on social media in the future.

Unfortunately, I think ownership at ECS chose money over everything else quite some time ago, which is even more disheartening considering their personal beliefs and values outside of the workplace, and struggle to see how those two can co-exist. I feel bad for their old man Andy, because he was/is top notch, but I'm not sure at the end of the day that he would be very proud that Euro Car Service ended up where ECS is now...

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Well there's a couple problems with those suggestions, GAP just went belly up and finding parts for any Vw older than a Mk3 isn't going to happen at your local dealer.

Did they?! GAP that is, i thought they were just moving locations, damn that sucks. I have lots of duplicate and triplicate for my MK3's :p

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
ECS has sucked for many years.
Always listing parts "in stock" on the website.
After placing the order, and paying for all of the parts (multiple times)...you get a reply. akin to "not all of the parts you ordered are currently in stock...."
They can get bent,

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Did they?! GAP that is, i thought they were just moving locations, damn that sucks. I have lots of duplicate and triplicate for my MK3's :p
Yup. [/URL]https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?t=9221807[/URL]
I'd like to add that Tectonics Tuning is still one of the best out there for watercooled Vw parts. I've been a customer of theirs for ~17 years. They have ALWAYS taken care of me.

61 - 80 of 191 Posts