VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so this is driving me nuts. I keep having random electrical issues with my 93. Last night the lights for my cluster and lower guage lights stopped working. All the guages work, turn signals and head lights ect. Now the radio also died and the cig lighter but i do have the clock and dome light. Ive changed the fuses for the interior items which explains why the clock and overhead works but leaves me completely puzzled as to why then the others dont. But the main concern are these cluster lights.

Any input would be great, little porblems like this i cant figure out makes me want to punch kittens.

·
Registered
21,952 Posts
Since all the dash and console lights "died" it is a safe bet that you still haven't changed the proper fuse.

s20 or fuse 20 if ou look at the Bentley or Haynes diagram on circuit track 154 controls the dash lights, and the console lights as well as the license plate lights and trunk lamp.

If that fuse is good then you are looking at the headlight/dimmer switch being bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.