VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new radio a couple weeks ago with some subs and I dunno if its related but my dash lights and all interior lights don't work. As in my dash dimmer doesn't work, the lights on the doors in the switches don't work or anything. Everything still works its just none of the lights are on. Also can't find a remote wire for the amp. Both the blue wires are constant hot wires. Any ideas why my lights don't work?
thxs
justin

·
Banned
53,529 Posts
.....Also can't find a remote wire for the amp. Both the blue wires are constant hot wires. .....
As you know, the OEM system had a system that controlled the HU power by it's switch and also by the ignition key and door opening. The OEM HU could be operated whether the key was in the ignition or not. That is why the OEM harness for the HU has more than one power wire.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
YYa amp is on no matter if the key is out and door opened. So I guess ill have to find something else then. I kinda like the no lights in the car I was just making sure it wasn't something major to do with my subs and stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.