VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Germany, VW offers the Touareg without wood. There are 3 different trim colors; silver, titan and anthracite. I believe this is silver:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Re: Interior with no wood (spockcat)

It would be nice if VW offered the US Touareg fans the possibility to buy the T-Reg without wood. Here in Europe, if you don't like wood you have the chance to have a full-black interior and you save some Euros.

·
Registered
553 Posts

spoc...we've actually had a few come through with aluminum instead of wood over the glove box...looks great...

·
Registered
48,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Interior with no wood (12johnny)

Do you prefer this:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Interior with no wood (mirpak)

I can see the appeal of the aluminium-only option, but have to say the the all-black doesn't do anything for me. Looks a bit cheap to my eyes...
I quite liked the look of that turned-alumium finish posted by someone recently - although it didn't work with the beige interior. Black or grey would work better.
just my 2p worth

** Just clicked that the all-black interior is right-hand drive. But the speedo seems to be in kms - so not a UK car. Australasia?

Modified by prhim at 2:01 PM 2-16-2004

Modified by prhim at 2:02 PM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
48,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Interior with no wood (mirpak)

Quote, originally posted by mirpak »
Hello spockcat,
The last photo is with Titanium interior?
Thanks.

No, that is a straight plastic interior. The titan is a yellowish metal.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Re: Interior with no wood (prhim)

No, I believe that Pic came from Cyberdog in Hong Kong. The all black would be nice if you were looking to use it more as a work truck and didn't want to worry about all the scratches that might ensue.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Question : What are the buttons to the left and right of the Hazzard button. And are the buttons for the A/C controls look different. Is that dual zone?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Re: (trollhole)

Parking assist switch and 'Passenger Airbag Off' warning light. Some US customers have commented that they have the airbag warning light.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: (trollhole)

Quote, originally posted by trollhole »
that dual zone?

Looks like 4-zone aircon to me.
Hong Kong would make sense, they still drive on the left.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I used to hate wood on any car. Now I cant imagine my TReg without it. The only other option I'd go for is what BMW is doing on their newer 330's and Audi on their sport cars. Thats the only other acceptable style for me.
I like my wood..
;-)

·
Registered
377 Posts

Hey look a manual shift! didn't know they had those, they aren't offered in US are they?

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Re: (Uriah)

I like the wood look too, but I find that is scratches VERY easily, and of course there is this wood cracking issue. At this point, no wood would be much simpler.
As for manual shift, unfortunately, no. A 6 spd manual with a R5 TDI would be nice, but is pretty much a pipe dream at this point in the game.

Modified by aircooled at 11:53 AM 2-16-2004

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Re: Interior with no wood (section8)

Quote, originally posted by section8 »
Hey look a manual shift! didn't know they had those, they aren't offered in US are they?

That's what I noticed too. What's up with that??

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Re: Interior with no wood (section8)

Quote, originally posted by section8 »

Hay look, cloth seats also! Oops, it has a factory installed mobile phone though

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Re: Interior with no wood (Highline)

Quote, originally posted by Highline »

Hay look, cloth seats also! Oops, it has a factory installed mobile phone though

Oh and look...I think I see a label that reads "NOT FOR U.S. EXPORT".

·
Registered
377 Posts

In the pic w/ the all black interior.
What are the plastic pieces behind the steering wheel? Some sorta paddle system for the tiptronic? Are the connected to the wheel or the dash? or am i just seeing things?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts