VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tired of searching through unrelated posts I figure I will just come out and ask

93 SLC VR6 Green Corrado, sometimes the turn signals work, sometimes they do not, period, no rhyme or reason, I can drive to work and they work fine, and at the end of the day I drive home and they don't work, the next day it is the opposite, I apologized to all of my ex girlfriends and ensured they are not casting any voo doo spell, lol

I don't recon it's the turn signal relay as I would expect those things either work or they don't, I may be wrong though, so please help me out

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
My bet is on the switch. I suspect it's wearing out - or all gunked up. But - replace the relay first. It's cheap, easy, and a common problem. If that doesn't work, pull the switch apart, and see what it looks like.

Lloyd

·
Registered
507 Posts
does it work better/worse when the steering wheel is tilted at a certain point? mine used to only work when it was tilted to the lowest setting. turns out the plug was loose where it connects. its inside the clamshell, on the right side. might wanna check that.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.