VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
953 Posts
Re: International Rally New York, Sept 29 - Oct 1 (GT17V)

Quote, originally posted by GT17V »
http://www.rallynewyork.com
Come support the VW Competitors:
John Hamilton/Ken Sabo

Josh & Jeremy Wimpey (GTI)
Robin Jones/ tda (Golf)
Ty Crowley/Mike Spillane (Golf)
Dave Furey/ Brian Heneghan (Golf)

Add Mark Lawrence (GTI)
and The Hollingsworth Jetta....seen on http://www.revs.tv in the cherokee trails rally footage
and possibly others.
I will be there driving the blue/silver gti with my twin brother Jeremy. Cheer us on and take pictures and video to share...

Modified by GTi Dancer at 8:51 PM 9-26-2005

· Registered
953 Posts
Re: International Rally New York, Sept 29 - Oct 1 (GT17V)

Quantum RallySport takes win at International Rally New York!
October 1st: Twin brothers Joshua and Jeremy Wimpey piloted their Volkswagen Golf GTi to a first place finish at The International Rally New York in Monticello NY this weekend. The car worked flawlessly amidst stiff competition from the 2wd points leader on both Friday’s gravel stages and Saturday’s mixed Gravel and Tarmac trials, despite giving the team trouble and eating a clutch on Wednesday evening before the event.
Friday’s stages began just after Noon with two gravel Super Specials at the Mighty M Raceway in Monticello followed by six special stages in the woods surrounding Narrowsburg. The six stages included the infamously rough “Mortimer Schiff” and two runnings of the equally brutal “Davis Lake”. Quantum RallySport found their footing after loosing nearly half a minute on the first 4 stages and clawed their way up to the front of the 2wd field at the end of the day’s stages besting Mark Lawrence by 2 seconds on Stage 10 to take the lead and win the first day of competition. Driver Joshua Wimpey commented, “The car feels great and we really got into a good rhythm the second half of the day. It had been a while since I had driven the car and the first couple of stages showed that. Once we got into a groove, things were perfect, Jeremy and I work really well together, he is great with the notes. I guess it is that whole twin telepathy thing”
The duo began Saturday’s stages in much the same way by swapping fast times with Lawrence but by noon, they had begun to lay down consistently faster times than Lawrence and continued to do so on the evening’s tarmac stages. Securing a win is never easy even with a 25 second lead. A spin on Stage 21 lost the pair 5 seconds but the team kept it tidy the rest of the event taking 1st place in 2wd and 11th overall out of a field of 54 teams.
“The car is in one piece and we kept a good pace.” said Co-driver Jeremy Wimpey adding, “The tarmac was all new to us and really fast. Josh drove brilliantly even when I had a death grip on the seat.”
Quantum RallySport would like to thank all of our sponsors: BestVWParts.com, Techtonics Tuning, and Motorcycle Factory Incorporated (MFI)

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Yes, those are steel "I" beams driven into the ground. We are approaching a narrow bridge (Just out of the frame) on tarmac tires in the gravel.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

More Super Special stage action

Super specail, this time on tarmac tires....

One of the wider spots on a tight gravel stage.

Keeping it tidy
Modified by GTi Dancer at 7:19 PM 10-3-2005

Modified by GTi Dancer at 7:26 PM 10-3-2005

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.