VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I test drove the 2004 GLI and I have to say I had mixed emotions.The handeling (brakeing cornering ect.) was exceptional straight of the floor but I was not to impressed with the exceleration.Maybe it is because I drive an 2002 GTI VR6 GLI.I mean it just does not compare.I really like the car and if I thought for a second that I could get the same feel or even a simaler feel out of it I would buy it in a hartbeat.I dont know anything about the 1.8 so if any body could give me their opinion on wether I can get that simaler feel that the VR6 gives me out of an 1.8. DREAM CAR...2004 GLI WITH A VR6

·
Registered
131 Posts
Re: Intrested in buying 2004 GLI and need some questions answerded (GunaB)

sounds like you love the suspension of the GLI but prefer the feel of the VR6. Why not try and get a VR6 and just do the necessary suspension tuning to create the car you want. Not too hard to find the neccessary suspension pieces(shocks,springs,swaybars,brake kits). It all depends on if you want to go through that or if you have the funds. I really liked my 03 GTI but i LOVE my GLI

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
Re: Intrested in buying 2004 GLI and need some questions answerded (GunaB)

Depends on if you plan on tuning the car or not. The 1.8T will be faster than the VR6 with a $500 chip.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts