VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this might sound a bit odd im not expecting anyone to know this but wat kinda of processing power does the ecu use and how much memory is it all thogther the reason why i ask is because im trying to do a person study on the fsi and see if theres a possible way of doing a stand alone but still have a tuneable fsi thanks guys in advance

Modified by vdubchop2k4 at 3:32 AM 11-24-2006

· Banned
135 Posts
Re: intrested in the fsi system (vdubchop2k4)

There are a few high end aftermarket ECU's that can probably handle the FSI set-up. What would be needed is a system that is capable of setting the injection event relative to the crank angles, the knowledge of the linearization curve the Fuel Presure Sensor, the impeadance(sp?) of the injectors, the driver style required for the injectors, etc...
Keep in mind that the Factory Bosch ME9 ECU controlls much more than just the engine. Most aftermarket ECU's are set-up to control just engine functions.
Now all that being said, Pectel, Life Racing, Marreli, all have ECU's capable of controlling pretty much everything you could want, for a cost....

· Registered
936 Posts
Re: intrested in the fsi system (AutotechRD)

Quote, originally posted by AutotechRD »
There are a few high end aftermarket ECU's that can probably handle the FSI set-up. What would be needed is a system that is capable of setting the injection event relative to the crank angles, the knowledge of the linearization curve the Fuel Presure Sensor, the impeadance(sp?) of the injectors, the driver style required for the injectors, etc...
Keep in mind that the Factory Bosch ME9 ECU controlls much more than just the engine. Most aftermarket ECU's are set-up to control just engine functions.
Now all that being said, Pectel, Life Racing, Marreli, all have ECU's capable of controlling pretty much everything you could want, for a cost....

very informing thank you. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
Tesla Cat Nose
24,902 Posts
Re: intrested in the fsi system (vdubchop2k4)

vdubchop2k4, I pm'd you.
Here's a pinout of the microcontroller, pics for views http://****************.com/smile/star.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.