VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Introducing Neuspeed's New 25mm Tubular 3 Way Adjustable Rear Sway Bar
Neuspeed has just released a new 25mm tubular rear sway bar for the MK V chasis. These are in stock and ready to ship! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Neuspeed's New 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sway Bar - $264.98 shipped
SHIPPING: Shipping is Free via UPS ground in the lower 48. Please call us for a shipping quote if you live outside of this region.

TAX: A 6% Sales Tax will be applied to all orders billed or shipped to a Connecticut address.

HOW TO ORDER: All orders can be processed directly through our website by following the links above. We accept VISA, Mastercard, AMEX, Discover, and Paypal through our secure server. If you would like to pay with a money order, you may do so by checking out through our website, and clicking the 'Pay With Money Order' button.

QUESTIONS: If you have any questions please reply to this post, email us, call us, or IM us using one of the methods below.

Contact Info:
Email: [email protected]
IM:
AOL Instant Messenger - Jay at NAMotors
Yahoo Messenger - NAMtrsprts
MSN Messenger - [email protected]
Phone: 1-877-NAMOTORS (626-6867)
Monday thru Thursday - 10AM - 7PM EST
Fridays - 10AM - 5PM EST

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Re: INTRODUCING: Neuspeed's 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sways Bar Now ... ([email protected])

Will this induce a tad of oversteer till physics takes over?????
Anyone tried it yet? I see 2 holes for adjustment-description says 3?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: INTRODUCING: Neuspeed's 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sways Bar Now ... (GaBoYnFla)

Quote, originally posted by GaBoYnFla »

the third adjustment involves a loose left side and tight right side, to throw off your friends at an autocross... lets see them make up time in the slalom now!

Modified by Dan Gallagher at 12:17 AM 12-28-2005

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Re: INTRODUCING: Neuspeed's 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sways Bar Now ... (GaBoYnFla)

Quote, originally posted by GaBoYnFla »

Not really. Adding a rear sway bar on a FWD car doesn't really affect much oversteer or understeer (that's really noticable). It simply reduces body roll in cornering. Best bang for the buck for improving handling. I'm waiting for Autotech to release theirs, as I've had a few of theirs on a few VW's.
Front sway bars will affect the oversteer quite a bit and don't really help much as far as handling goes on a FWD car.
The only thing I'm curious about is with the MKV's having independant rear suspension, will there be any compromise to that... I haven't researched it much since I haven't gotten around to the RSB mod yet. I know R32 owners swear by one as much as other MKIV owners, so it might be a moot point. If it is, I would say the RSB should be the first mod for someone looking to improve the handling on their car.
Another reason I haven't is the MKV has better handling than my MKIV (which has a RSB), so there's not the obvious need as there was on the MKIV.
Oh, and the pic above isn't showing all that you'll get, as the adjustments aren't just about those holes. They likely offer two different length shock attachments to choose from (which will affect the rigidity).

Modified by VWYankee at 9:26 PM 12-27-2005

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Re: INTRODUCING: Neuspeed's 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sways Bar Now ... (VWYankee)

Front swaybar will increase understeer, rear sway does turn the car more towards neutral and will oversteer more on lift-off throttle compared to one with smaller / less stiff rear sway. This worked on my 1.8t with and works the same way on modded R32s with IRS.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Re: INTRODUCING: Neuspeed's 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sways Bar Now ... (BlackMagicPearlR32)

Quote, originally posted by BlackMagicPearlR32 »
more towards neutral and will oversteer more on lift-off throttle

That's more what I thought it would do.....

·
Banned
1,117 Posts
Re: INTRODUCING: Neuspeed's 25mm Tubular Adjustable Rear Sways Bar Now ... (VWYankee)

Quote, originally posted by VWYankee »

I'm waiting for Autotech to release theirs, as I've had a few of theirs on a few VW's.
Modified by VWYankee at 9:26 PM 12-27-2005

You won't have to wait much longer. The Autotech tubular swaybars are also 3-way adjustable (25mm front & 25mm rear) and should be available at the end of January.

LOTS of testing various combo's on our Mk5 GTI that we have went into the final diameter and wall thickness choice, we think you'll be happy with the final result.

While these may be excellent prices for the Neuspeed product, I think many will be surprised when they see both our pricing and consquently North American's.

Ralph

·
Registered
19,712 Posts
I installed the Neuspeed rear swaybar this weekend. The car corners MUCH more neutral (minimal body roll) with the ties in the outer position. It's not punishing either. Corners are a lot more fun.
With the ties in the inner position the car ia a rock. Absolutely flat and grippy. But, it's a little on the harsh side. Save the inners for track days.
Install took under an hour. The included instructions are top notch. Since the bar runs below the exhaust you don't need to drop the exhaust.
4 bolts and 2 nuts and the old swaybar is dropped and the new one is in.
I'll post some pics in a bit but, the ones in the instructions are better and you can't see the swaybar once it's installed.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (thread)

Quote, originally posted by thread »
I installed the Neuspeed rear swaybar this weekend. The car corners MUCH more neutral (minimal body roll) with the ties in the outer position. It's not punishing either. Corners are a lot more fun.
With the ties in the inner position the car ia a rock. Absolutely flat and grippy. But, it's a little on the harsh side. Save the inners for track days.
Install took under an hour. The included instructions are top notch. Since the bar runs below the exhaust you don't need to drop the exhaust.
4 bolts and 2 nuts and the old swaybar is dropped and the new one is in.
I'll post some pics in a bit but, the ones in the instructions are better and you can't see the swaybar once it's installed.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Thanks for the quick write up and we're glad to hear that you like the bar! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Possibly dumb question - 28mm Neuspeed will not fit on the MkV? I JUST put in a 28mm Neuspeed on my 20th, but I'm thinking of buying the MkV in a couple days and I need to know about the sway bar.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Re: (LelloBeetle)

Quote, originally posted by LelloBeetle »
Possibly dumb question - 28mm Neuspeed will not fit on the MkV? I JUST put in a 28mm Neuspeed on my 20th, but I'm thinking of buying the MkV in a couple days and I need to know about the sway bar.

It's a totally different animal....handles and feels different mainly due to rear suspension....the GLI's have a decent bar from the factory and make it nice...so if 25mm is Neuspeeds choice, I'm sure it is very sufficient.....ask Thread....he has it on his Mark V.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: (BlackMagicPearlR32)

Quote, originally posted by BlackMagicPearlR32 »
Well, since MK4 and MK5 have totally different rear sutups I would guess no

Yeah - that's why I'm asking. Thanks, GaBoYnFla for the lead.

·
Banned
5,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (syntrix)

Quote, originally posted by syntrix »
jay, the website link has a different price than what is posted here.
How do we get the special pricing posted here?

I updated the price on the site so it should be all set now! I apologize for the confusion and please let us know if you have anymore questions. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.