VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Vendor
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Introductory Special: ENDED

We're having an introductory special on our new Billet Motorsport Dogbone Mount for MkIV Volkswagen & 8L/8N Audi vehicles! :thumbup:

034Motorsport Billet Dogbone Mount, MkIV Volkswagen & 8N/8L Audi, Motorsport - Click Here to Order!

Retail: $195.00 + Shipping
Introductory Special: $165.00 + Shipping

Sale Ends 11/19/2013!

We're proud to announce the availability of the Motorsport Billet Dogbone Mount for MkIV chassis Volkswagen and 8L & 8N chassis Audi models!

034Motorsport's Motorsport Dogbone Mount is the new standard in performance and durability. This dogbone mount was designed with performance in mind, manufactured from billet aluminum, and features a genuine Aurora Spherical Bearing and Track Density rubber bushing to maintain proper articulation and vibration dampening. The Motorsport Dogbone Mount is machined and assembled in-house, and designed to eliminate the slop associated with the factory mount.

The result is a locked-down drivetrain, solid shifting, and virtually no wheel hop. The Motorsport Dogbone Mount will cause some increase in noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) inside of the cabin. These mounts are a completely re-engineered performance solution, not just inserts for use with the factory mounts.

Features:
  • Manufactured from T6-6061 Billet Aluminum
  • Genuine Aurora Spherical Bearing
  • 80 Durometer (Track Density) Rubber Bushing with Void-Free Construction
  • Greatly Reduced Drivetrain Slop
  • Greatly Reduced Engine Movement Under Load
  • More Direct Power Transfer
  • Improved Shifting Feel
  • Complete Drop-In Replacement of Factory Dogbone Mount
  • Includes New High-Grade Installation Hardware
Fitment:
  • 1996 - 2003 Audi A3/S3 (8L)
  • 1998 - 2006 Audi TT (8N)
  • 1999 - 2005 Volkswagen Golf / GLI / GTI / Jetta / New Beetle (MkIV)
Warranty:
  • 1 Year Limited Replacement Warranty (If you encounter any issues with our products outside of the warranty period, we will work with you to provide a resolution.)
High-Durometer Rubber vs. Polyurethane:

Density Line Mounts are manufactured from high-durometer rubber instead of polyurethane for a number of reasons. While vulcanized rubber mounts are more expensive to prototype due to increased complexity of manufacturing and high initial tooling costs, rubber is inherently better than polyurethane as a damping medium for mounts and bushings.

Rubber is able to deal with stress under both tension and compression, while polyurethane mounts rely on the damping medium to be effective only under compression. Rubber is also excellent in shear, where polyurethane is ineffective, making it ideal for control arm bushings that apply a shear force to the bushing during articulation.

Rubber does not pack and wear like polyurethane does, which ultimately results in a long-lasting part with consistent performance and comfort.

These dogbone mounts are in stock and ready to ship! Orders will ship within 1-2 business days.

Click Here to Order!

Feel free to contact me via email or PM if you have any questions! :)

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
Will the rubber bushing be available for sale separately for rebuild purposes down the line? If so, what will the cost be on just the bushing?

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Just placed the order!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
fantastic..... so why wasn't this offered when your old dogbone failed on me after ~1 month of driving - causing massive damage to my short block internals, exhaust, rad support.....? also after removing the motor and the engine / trans 034 mounts it looks like the engine mount rubber got soft and warped - not good.... AFTER A MONTH..... ? (yes, all bolts were torqued down and fastened properly, torque to yield bolts were all replaced with OEM... etc.... I do NOT cut corners....)

Fine, a product fails - it happens. But why did 034 fail to offer any support whatsoever? Can others expect the same when this mount fails? (answer: probably, yep. - coming from experience - the lack of support was shocking - I spent roughly $2500+ with 034 with the last build and they didn't give me the time of day.)

The true nature of a company reveals itself when their clients have issues with their products.......

- where did this mount come from? (did you develop it in-house yourselves? how long did development take?)
- what kind of testing was done? (elaborate.....)
- hp / tq limits? (apparently your old dog bone has a limit of 400whp - as stated by your customer service reps over the phone, yet there is no documentation to that effect supporting that on the product page..... maybe you should be clear before others cause damage to their cars....? or does 034 only care about sales, not support or credibility?)

034 has a long way to go to get confidence back re: engine mounts.... just do a search on google - you'll see what I mean. I was shocked to hear multiple WELL KNOWN AND CREDIBLE vendors (whom I reached out to for help or parts to rebuild after the 034 mount failure) all state that they've seen or heard failures with 034 mounts, and almost everyone wished they knew I was running them beforehand to warn me (that's one of the most common lines I hear after I tell someone about what happened to my car....).

I thought your last dogbone mount was a "completely re-engineered solution".... so what can we expect with this one?

...... I'd love to see the answers to the questions made above......

·
Vendor
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will the rubber bushing be available for sale separately for rebuild purposes down the line? If so, what will the cost be on just the bushing?
Yes, the rubber bushing is available separately and can be replaced if needed. Should be around $8 or so, and they last a very long time.

Just placed the order!! :thumbup:
Thank you for the order! It should ship out tomorrow. :thumbup:

fantastic..... so why wasn't this offered when your old dogbone failed on me after ~1 month of driving - causing massive damage to my short block internals, exhaust, rad support.....?

I'm sorry to hear about your issue with our Density Line Dogbone Mount. I'm not aware of your particular situation, but unless your mount failed after ~1:00 PM today, production versions of this billet mount were not available for sale. I'm sure we would have given you the option to replace it with one of these had they existed.

Also after removing the motor and the engine / trans 034 mounts it looks like the engine mount rubber got soft and warped - not good.... AFTER A MONTH..... ?

The Density Line Engine/Transmission Mounts do settle to some degree after installation, as do factory and other mounts.

Fine, a product fails - it happens. But why did 034 fail to offer any support whatsoever? Can others expect the same when this mount fails?

Most of our customers are very happy with our customer service and after-sale support. I'm not sure who you dealt with regarding your issue, but we take any warranty issues very seriously, and repair/replace parts as necessary.

- where did this mount come from? (did you develop it in-house yourselves? how long did development take?)

The mounts were developed, prototyped, and are manufactured in-house. It's a relatively simple part to design, but we spent quite a bit of time doing NVH testing as well as having it on our local development vehicle (which is also tracked) for ~6 months before release. IIRC, the first 3D-printed prototypes were ready last year, and machined prototypes of the final revision have been around since spring. Our machining department is very busy, so cranking out new products to release can take a while due to scheduling conflicts.

- what kind of testing was done? (elaborate.....)

Mostly NVH tasting, since the bushing used in it has already been proven very durable in other applications. It has also been driven quite hard for months, and has no signs of wear or excess slop.

- hp / tq limits? (apparently your old dog bone has a limit of 400whp - as stated by your customer service reps over the phone, yet there is no documentation to that effect supporting that on the product page..... maybe you should be clear before others cause damage to their cars....? or does 034 only care about sales, not support or credibility?

The Density Line Dogbone uses an OEM aluminum casting. This is a billet piece, which is many times stronger than the OEM casting, and it will handle any amount of power you throw at it. We've been in this industry for about a decade, largely because of the quality of our products and our customer support. We are not a fly-by-night drop-ship operation, and you're more than welcome to take a tour of our facility, including our manufacturing and engineering departments, and see for yourself.
You came off a little hostile here, but your desired answers are above. You're also welcome to PM or email me directly if you'd like me to look into your issue with the Density Line Dogbone. You're more than welcome to try out one of these. :)

·
Vendor
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks like a badass mount. Where were you guys with this 5 years ago?
Hanging out with this guy... :laugh:

We've expanded our Product Development and Manufacturing capabilities a lot in the recent years, and we're still dedicated to making solutions for the older platforms that many of our customers own, like the B5, MkIV, etc. :cool:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Hanging out with this guy... :laugh:

We've expanded our Product Development and Manufacturing capabilities a lot in the recent years, and we're still dedicated to making solutions for the older platforms that many of our customers own, like the B5, MkIV, etc. :cool:
:rolleyes: :laugh:

·
Registered
7,838 Posts

·
Vendor
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Finish HIM! :laugh:
It looks like you're running one of the high-end "fully isolated" dogbone mounts. With nothing linking the two halves together, it transmits zero NVH into the cabin. :laugh:

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
It looks like you're running one of the high-end "fully isolated" dogbone mounts. With nothing linking the two halves together, it transmits zero NVH into the cabin. :laugh:
Tom is making a stab at me lol, that is my mount I broke on the 35R TT with twin disk i posted about <breaking you> on lol ive destroyed a few mounts to say the least.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts

If you're going to do it, do it right!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::peace:
and more failure...

keep it up Tom lol

·
Vendor
7,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can hold up to the power of 35R and quattro behind a twin disk ?
That shouldn't be a problem, and it comes with a warranty. Hell, we'll even make you a little trophy if you break it. ;)

EDIT: The trophy might look like a broken dogbone mount.

1,174 Posts
*** Introductory Special: 034Motorsport Billet Dogbone Mount - MkIV Volkswage...

:laugh: you guys are nuts!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts