VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a few people ask this question on these forums, but unfortunately the only answers were "search". Haha, not very helpful if you ask me.

Not too much info about actually installing a DV, nor any info about installing it inverted. I have a hyperboost DV, which I would like to install invertedly...for the better sound, and apparently better power and torque curves.
I appreciate your assistance!
RH

·
Banned
354 Posts
Re: Inverted Diverter Valve Install (Richard Hair)

I am not really sure if I understand your question, you want to put a new diverter valve in upside down?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Inverted Diverter Valve Install (25934)

I am not entirely sure what it means to install the DV "inverted", because as I understand it, the DV is operated by the pressure from the turbo. But I have seen a few people posting about inverted DV installs, which make them louder and smoothen the HP/TQ curves.
Here is the thread I am referring to:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=912435
RH

·
Banned
354 Posts

That is really weird I have never seen anything like this before

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

go to the 1.8T forum. seriously theres a lot of threads about it.

·
Registered
30,932 Posts

I had my GFB DV installed in reverse, er, by accident! Anyway the sound was okay, but not really what I was after. There didn't seem to be any difference re boost over the stock valve.
However, after re-installing the valve in the "correct" position the DV is much quieter (about the same as the stock DV) and the car seems to be a touch smoother during acceleration. I have no quantifiable data to prove or disprove my theory though.
Also I think GFB DVs actually go in inverted as they require boost and vacuum to work effectively.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts