VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, to everyone that was interested in the iPad mini install the full episode of the show was just released with a lot more detail and info on how the system works. I know there were a lot of questions in regards to head unit relocation and more importantly steering wheel controls and bluetooth. Enjoy!

·
Registered
579 Posts
still
it didn't say how stock radio and other function works
if backup camera function is possible

it seems like they hide oem unit away
i would like to see how it works in action

i searched web but for all ipad installed in dash, they only show it opens safari and apps on ipad
of course it should work, it is a stand-alone device
nobody shows how they integrated into their vehicle

anyone know how?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
still

i searched web but for all ipad installed in dash, they only show it opens safari and apps on ipad

anyone know how?
The soundman knows. Call and ask him

http://www.soundmanca.com/

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
still

anyone know how?
They mentioned that they in some cars they can sink the headunit behind the iDevice but in this case they had to relocate. But, I will agree they didnt say where they relocated the head unit too. My guess is either the trunk or glove box (trunk being easiest in terms of modifying.

I don't see how backup camera would work since the iDevice doesn't have the capability to automatically launch an app when a specific function is initiated, at least not a non-jailbroken phone. I highly doubt someone has made an app that integrates into aftermarket rear-view cameras.

I still love this overall concept and the magnets idea is :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

My dumb ass would always forget the device in the house and then have to go back and forth every time i got in and out of the car. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
318 Posts
:facepalm: Okay I'm going to be the one to say it...

I guess we know who the Apple fanboys are now. I certainly see the relevance around spending a fortune redesigning you're entire car around an Apple product. There should be a commercial for this.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I'm not am apple guy, but big congrats on the install. Looks great. Nice work on keeping a clean gorgeous mount. Its nice to see someone do something different than most.

Sent from the tip of my fingers using tapatalk

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.