VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Re: iPod connectivity kit? (redshifter)

Forget it, for now. Their "kit" is basically an iPod holder that fits into the cupholder and a cassette adapter. So much for fidelity, eh? Rumor has it that they are working on a better connection (read: hard-wired.) And as far as I know, you cannot currently buy any of the parts, it is only available if you buy a New Beetle. Not even a NB Convert.
pmsg

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: iPod connectivity kit? (PMSG)

Quote, originally posted by PMSG »
Forget it, for now. Their "kit" is basically an iPod holder that fits into the cupholder and a cassette adapter.

Wow, that's pretty lame. Cassette adapters are the devil.

· Registered
308 Posts
Re: iPod connectivity kit? (redshifter)

Quote, originally posted by redshifter »
Wow, that's pretty lame. Cassette adapters are the devil.

Exactly, though the concept of getting a free iPod is cool. Here's hoping they extend the offer to more cars.
SM

· Banned
18,822 Posts
Re: iPod connectivity kit? (smatanovic)

Quote, originally posted by smatanovic »

Exactly, though the concept of getting a free iPod is cool. Here's hoping they extend the offer to more cars.
SM

Originally I heard that they were going to put them into the 2004 Jetta's with their own mount and everything....guess not

· Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: iPod connectivity kit? (NMUVW2001)

Quote, originally posted by NMUVW2001 »
how about this
http://www.k9spud.com/vwcdpic/

Indeed. I'd have to get rid of my existing changer (which is a pain since it's in the trunk) and do some clever cable hiding. I remember seeing another thread on here in which somebody documented doing something similar with their iPod.
Why can't the head unit just have a minijack input on the face?

· Registered
10,932 Posts
Re: iPod connectivity kit? (NMUVW2001)

without seeing the actual "connectivity kit" who can say.
BUT HA!, get hte cdchanger ~~> rca adapter and do it the right way. Hell you can get some case for your ipod, get a panavise mount and be done with it.

· Registered
6,706 Posts
Re: iPod connectivity kit? (Y2KVR6GTI)

I have one. Static hell since stations are parked on 88.1, .3, and .7 here. .5 is the only frequency that it works on and even then it's overloaded with interference. I'm disappointed. Unfortunately, the Gamma HU I have has a broken tape adapter. I'm going to head over to the dealer tomorrow to ask about their connectivity kit and see what they are using, though from the Quicktime on Apple's site it looks like it's just a tape adapter. (I have an original scrollwheel 5gig model.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.