VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else radio when they play there ipod make an annoying high piched sound in the background, even with the ipod unplug but the cable still plugged in it make the noise, should i take the wire back to car toys or is that just how it is?

· Registered
182 Posts
Re: ipod player (CONDORSTRIKE)

you all are having this same problem? wow, I use mine all the time and have never heard any sort of distortion what-so-ever. I got my cable at radio shack and i'm using a 30 gb video i-pod. what are you all using?

· Registered
38 Posts
I had this exact problem with my iPod through the aux in jack in the glovebox. The noise was still there even with a higher quality shielded audio cable.
Then I found that when I have the iPod plugged into a car charger at the same time, the noise is gone. I think it is a problem with different ground levels between the iPod battery and car battery that causes the distortion.
Whenever I plug my iPod into the car charger now, the noise is gone- I think because they are then both on the same ground (theoretically doing the exact same thing as a ground loop isolator, and charging my iPod at the same time )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.