VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so everyone nose how the MKIV GLI doesn't have a cup holder in the dash.

I know there are two little pieces that keep it from being opened. Well I cut those off because I am going to make an ipod station.
So has anyone ever tried this if so please post some suggestions? I will be posting more pics later of the actual thingy.

· Registered
1,748 Posts
Re: Ipod station where MKIV cupholder should be... (woodywoods86)

Thought about it, but never did it... I'm "in" for later...

· Registered
4,856 Posts

I know a guy with an .:R (ex-20th pilot) that put the disc-drive for his car-puter behind that panel. Makes for a supah-slick install.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

WOW!
I didn't do that because my headunit has a disc drive on it. I just kinda setup my ipod in there. Hopefully I can figure a better setup. Like a pull out tray. HMMMMM
!

Got a little crazy with the dremel...you can see the hole

Modified by woodywoods86 at 10:45 PM 3-23-2010

Modified by woodywoods86 at 10:47 PM 3-23-2010

Modified by woodywoods86 at 10:49 PM 3-23-2010

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (sincitygli)

The tabs were where the circles were. They are two little hook type tabs. You will know when you take the tray out.

To take the tray out just lift up the lid a little so you can see the silver tabs circled in yellow above. The front piece will be hard to lift up until you remove the hook tabs.
So be careful not to break anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.