VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

701 - 720 of 746 Posts

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 (nebulight)

Quote, originally posted by nebulight »
Holy Crap, my thread is still floating around!?

It's in the MkIV FAQ!
I was thinking it would be good to bump it up to help out folks who got iPods for Xmas/Hannuka/Kwanzaa/whatever.
You might want to update your first post to either link to updated info, or to show your new install, so that people can find the most up-to-date info easily.

·
Banned
10,379 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 (gordogmc)

Just in time! I was looking for this. Excellent write up / info!
Thank You! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 (vR32)

Yeh, I just ued it to install my ICELink, the thread it in the Car Audio Forum though, great writeup!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 (Barton Fink)

okay i read thru the first 9 pages. but its still not too clear. I have a 2000 single din NONmonsoon tape deck, a factory indash cd-player and a CD Changer. i want to keep the indash CD but the changer could go. is the blitzsafe or PIE available for my needs? i would be fine with just a plug that gives me good sound quality, i dont need to control it through the deck, in fact i'll prefer to control it through the Ipod.
also i would rather not have to deal with the blank CD method. (since the in dash CD has the select button to change from indash to changer)
whats my best option not exceeding $80.
sorry if my answer is found in the remaining 30 pages but i got class now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 (MaDVR6)

I do not have a cd changer but came prewired for one. I want to make a aux RCA stereo in through the cd changer connector. But simply wiring L and R channels don't work. the head unit doesn't recognize a cd changer installed. how do wire the connector in the back so the head unit recognizes to change to cd changer input??
the harness connector or head unit has these terminals:
1 - open
2- CD changer - left and right channel ground
3 - open
4 - cd changer positive supply
5 - open
6 - cd changer - DATA OUT
7 - open
8 - left channel
9 - right channel
10 - control signal
11 - DATA IN
12 - Clock
so how do you make the headunit switch to cd changer port? i'm a cheap bastard and don't want to buy the male connector for it.
thanks.

·
Registered
502 Posts

nevermind, i finished doing my research over the weekend, looks like im getting the new PIE that powers, controls and plays your ipod. its coming out this week.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Have you got a link? I'm looking into doing this with my 2003 Jetta. I would like to be able to use the dock connector. Powering the iPod's not a big deal but the sound's much better for external speakers when using the dock connector. I'm having a hard time figuring out what I need to connect to the CD changer port in the trunk. I know what I need to change the RCA inputs to mini-stereo for the sound. I just don't know which part from enfig I need. And can I find it cheaper anywhere? $65 for a cable seems awfully expensive.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Re: (Enfig Motorsport)

I have a double din unit but it's not a monsoon system. That probably means there is no amp in the back. I want to do the install but I wanted to know if there is a better way since it's been 3 years since the DIY was posted. So since I don't have an amp in the back and I have a double din model how do I connect it? I am not so conserned with the power so can I connect it by running it off the head unit?

·
Banned
6,519 Posts
Re: (Enfig Motorsport)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
48 Posts
WHEW! I feel like I deserve to post after reading all 21 effin pages of this! This reads like a history of iPod technology, but I found A LOT of great info in here. Thanks esp to nebulight, Alric, enfig, and jddaigle for the really helpful posts.
Now to my question:
Has anyone other than Alric done this "pass power from the trunk cig adapter through the existing CD Changer cable to a Radio Shack female DC plug" method?
This sounds a helluva lot easier than what I was gonna do:
Splice the current front cig adapter
http://ipodincar.net/guideJettaLineIn.php
I read what Alric posted, but the two yr old picture links aren't hanging in there so good. Any help is appreciated!
-dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
i did this a completely different way i have a dock on my dashboard and i have the charger like in the thing above and thoose wires run under my steering wheel and into the dock that way i can change the song ablbum and playlist while still looking at the road if u want a picture of where i mounted im me at: rickiwithani my friends are all amazed by this and i never have to search for a cd again i love it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 [UPDATED] (nebulight)

I love your idea for this and I am trying to do the same to my '01 Jetta. The only part I am missing is the adapter that changes the CD Changer port into RCA's in the trunk. I searched the website in your post for over an hour, and didnt have any luck. Do you have any idea where I could get this part?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
thats confusing and expensive as ****
get an av jack to headset jack cable for like 5 dollar.
hook it up to your av preouts for auxillary and the other end to your ipod

701 - 720 of 746 Posts