VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

721 - 740 of 746 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Re: (albert427)

Does anyone know which station in the tristate area is the best for the Itrip. I have my nano currently set to 87.9 but it comes in staticky esp. on songs w/ alot of bass (stock monsoon). Please help. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

this is what my factory deck looks like. I have the deck pulled out now and I have the harness that hooks to it, that is supposed to go where the cd changer plugs in. The adaptor I got is the ipod2car one.
when I pulled out the deck, there was one connection to it other than the antenna and next to that, it looked like a couple of dummy plugs. Does the adaptor harness plug into one of these dummy slots? where is the cd changer port located (I have no cd changer)?
I've looked everywhere on the entire [email protected]#$%#$#@ internet, and can't find a single photo of the back of this deck with explanation of what goes where.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Ok, it was easier than I thought. The cd changer wire is on the top right facing the rear of the deck. I swapped this with the adaptor harness. All I had to do after that, was wire a ground as soon as I found some metal way back there. Then I hid the stuff all in behind.
In my car I have that cubby hole space above the deck. VW left gaps on the top of that so I used a snap tie to hold the ipod wire to the roof of it. Now the only thing showing there about my Nano ipod install, is the wire sits in there. I plug the little Nano in there and use the CD changer.
the cubby space still has a ton of room for all my other crap, sunglasses, tic tacs etcetera.

Modified by vwooom at 7:39 AM 1-1-2007

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #727 ·
Re: (vwooom)

I'm in the process of updating the thread so the pics work again, I forgot how popular this thread was.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: (vwooom)

This question is to vwooom or anyone else that can help. I have the same radio in the pic you posted. My problem is that when I plug in my ipod interface to the back of the radio, it disables the in dash Cd player because it seems I have to pull out that plug and replace it with the iPod interface plug. How did you get the ipod AND the in dash cd to work. I don't think i have a cd changer connection in the radio but rather it's in the trunk.
Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Re: (leomanxvii)

so i read all of the pages..most of them in this thread..and there are soooo many ways to do this..so what would be the best way to connect my ipod nano to my 2001 moonsoon tape deck? ( i have the port for the cd changer on the left side of my trunk..if this helps) and a 200 watt amp pre installed stock with the system

Modified by tofik0 at 8:23 PM 5-22-2007

·
Registered
181 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 [UPDATED] (nebulight)

Hello, thank you so much for the modifications for your Ipod. I can't believe someone other than myself has the G2 ipod. I thought I was the only one... However, I would love to purchase that adaptor you have for the Ipod to the CD CHANGER wires in the trunck. I went to that web site, I could not find that adaptor, would you be able to give me a model number or something so I can buy it? Thank you again.... Please let me know..

·
Banned
868 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 [UPDATED] (GTI PSYCHO)

Quote, originally posted by GTI PSYCHO »
sorry if this has been covered but has anyone used the factory vw ipod connector???
it says you can control it through the head unit
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html
It also doesnt say what year model or headunit this is for.
let me know

you can control the ipod thru the headunit with any 98+ factory headunit using the oem ipod adapter
however for the same price most people choose the DICE unit as it allows greater control and functionality of the ipod, as well as an auxilary input
the EICE I-VW-R will also fit all 98+ VWs

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 (nebulight)

great write up and sooo many pics much needed hookng mine up tomorrow. thanks again http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
703 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 [UPDATED] (nebulight)

hi
just a question ..
i tried to find the cable to convert the CD changer plug to RCA..but i cannot find it on the web site enfigcarstereo.com. do you have the reference ..and the price also ...
thanks
nice write up ..!!
seb

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 [UPDATED] (sebich1)

Quote, originally posted by sebich1 »
hi
just a question ..
i tried to find the cable to convert the CD changer plug to RCA..but i cannot find it on the web site enfigcarstereo.com. do you have the reference ..and the price also ...
thanks
nice write up ..!!
seb

I think this is it.
http://enfigcarstereo.com/shop....html
Would running the audio and power wires down seperate sides of the car elliminate the need for the ground loop remover?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 [UPDATED] (03)

i Just purchased the blitzsafe product but it plugs behind the stock radio not the cd changer plug in the hatch.
I tried explainging to enfig before i purchased it but they said i needed that one. Does anyone know if they still sell the cable that nebulight purchased?? or know where to get it??
Thanks
Edit: Just called and they do have the adapter that connects to the cd changer port in the hatch but they recommend the one stated above for better quality sound.

Modified by WS4 at 3:28 PM 5-23-2008

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #740 ·
Re: iPod User Guide for MK4 (Satchriani)

Quote, originally posted by Satchriani »
geez, 20gigs?? I have almost 1000 mp3's, and that's only 5 gigs!!!! one word....

W O W
is 20 necessary?

721 - 740 of 746 Posts