VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are you guys putting your Ipods in the cars? I want some place to secure it while using it, within reach. Maybe someplace in the center console? I don't want to use one of those flexible arms.... Got pics?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Ipod....where? (Jman5000)

I love that set up. The head unit I have has a USB Ipod hookup in the rear, and I've purchased a 6' ipod cord for it....
How does one go about putting the receiver in the center console?
On a side note, are those mk1 gti/cabby gauges? Think the senders would work on a ABA swap?

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Ipod....where? (GruntDoc)

Get a unit that can charge the iPod and send the signal. Much better. Plus I can control the iPod via the head unit. It's better for driving.
The center console swap is really just cutting and fitting. It slides in...98% of the way in kneebar cars.
Those are VDO cockpit gauges and they'll work w/a ABA.

·
Registered
966 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Jman5000 »
I put the iPod "brain" for my head unit behind the console and snaked the cable to the lower area.

Off Topic. Your interior is awesome. I read before that you use Murphys (sp?)oil soap to clean your interior, including your dash? what else do you use on your dashboard to prevent cracks and such.
Thanks a lot. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
301 Posts

I put the iPod "brain" for my head unit behind the console and snaked the cable to the lower area.

Out of curiosity which momo steering wheel is that exactly? I've seen this interior before and I've been wondering.

·
Registered
31,002 Posts
Re: Ipod....where? (ponykiller94)

Quote, originally posted by ponykiller94 »

Off Topic. Your interior is awesome. I read before that you use Murphys (sp?)oil soap to clean your interior, including your dash? what else do you use on your dashboard to prevent cracks and such.
Thanks a lot. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

I also "finish" the dash and plastics with Einszett tiefenpfleger.

My secret is to lay on heavy and let it start to dry, then go back and buff it in. It needs to bond to the surface for the deepest effect. Not glossy.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts

I also "finish" the dash and plastics with Einszett tiefenpfleger.

My secret is to lay on heavy and let it start to dry, then go back and buff it in. It needs to bond to the surface for the deepest effect. Not glossy.

Yeah, that stuff is awesome.
Works great. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TTT....looking for someplace to put this thing. Was thinking about taking one of those base plates and molding it into the center console somewhere....

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Re: (ninjamunky)

Quote, originally posted by ninjamunky »
I'm thinking about getting a USB/iPod-ready head unit and running it to the glove box so I can stash my stuff safely out-of-sight.

Yeah I was thinking of doing the same.
Probably wont put my Ipod in the glove box though..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.