VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Re: (crucialklint)

mine was used and abused. i mean i've NEVER seen a car that was so mishandled. on the other hand, i bought it for $500 and the first year i had it, i put about 50 bucks worth of maintenence into her, and she ran like a top. then a brake cal seized, i let her sit in the driveway for over a year, and now there's a ton of crap wrong. so yeah, if you take care of it, it'll be reliable, but hell hath no fury like a dub scorned.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Re: (DClark)

My 16v is reliable. I love how the motor sounds especially. Gas mileage on mine is around 22 to 24 miles to the gallon.

PEACE.

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
Re: Is 16v reliable for daily driving? (teknine)

i drive mine about 80 miles daily, has never let me down. gets about 25 miles per gallon (give or take)..fun too

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: Is 16v reliable for daily driving? (teknine)

Keep it well maintained and it should be fine. As far as mileage, get yourself the .75 5th and you can get around 30mpg. I have the 9a trans in mine (not too good for racing but it was free and I will be putting the 4k in soon
) I get 28+ to 36 mpg on the highway doing 70.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Re: Is 16v reliable for daily driving? (16vvdub)

YES!! MAINT. IS KEY FOR ANYTHING. I DRIVE THE SH!T OUT OF MINE , APPROX 80MI. PER DAY 1/2 HIGHWAY THE OTHER CARVING UP COUNTRY ROADS.. I LOVE IT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts