VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a '00 VR6 Starter covered under the Powertrain Warranty?? if not WTF do i do?

anyone? seems like mine is going .. i get this random screeching sound for about 2 seconds when i start my car sometimes.. oddly enough the sound seems dependent on the ammount of gas in my car?? ideas anyone..
as topic states.. what do i do if its not covered?

[Modified by mjaxVR6, 2:46 PM 8-8-2002]

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Re: Is a '00 VR6 Starter covered under the Powertrain Warranty?? if not WTF do i do? (mjaxVR6)

yes it is. i had my starter/o2 sensor/ maf all go bad at the same time after my 24k miles and the dealership covered all of the parts and labor under warranty.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Re: Is a '00 VR6 Starter covered under the Powertrain Warranty?? if not WTF do i do? (GtiGuy1)

I think MAF is under a 3 year intake manafold warranty. I could be wrong but when mine went bad BEFORE 24k miles I was told it was under a 3 year warranty.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Re: Is a '00 VR6 Starter covered under the Powertrain Warranty?? if not WTF do i do? (mjaxVR6)

No, the starter is not covered by the powertrain warranty. The o2 sensor and MAF sensor are not covered by the powertrain warranty, either. These items are covered by the basic warranty (and by some states' emissions warranties). Beyond that, a dealer may choose to provide some goodwill assistance, but this is evaluated on a case by case basis.
-Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts