VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Is a GTi still a Rabbit? (ramone)

k.. the only rabbits are 83 and 84 then. all the others are golfs and gti's right?

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Re: Is a GTi still a Rabbit? (Majik6)

quote:[HR][/HR]k.. the only rabbits are 83 and 84 then. all the others are golfs and gti's right?[HR][/HR]​
yep. (not sure of the exact years, but the only rabbits were mk1 gti's

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Re: Is a GTi still a Rabbit? (JetTAFLiTe)

Ok I know this sounds strange, but my friend is looking for a car, and he said he came accross a '97 Rabbit golf. I didn't believe him, and I figured because he doesn't know much about VWs that it was a golf, but he insisted it was a Rabbit. He said the manual said rabbit on it. Were there any specail edditions I don't know about or something? or did this guy just have a rabbit manual in his golf or something? I was quite puzzled by that one.
-mike

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Re: Is a GTi still a Rabbit? (8vGTIGuy)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ok I know this sounds strange, but my friend is looking for a car, and he said he came accross a '97 Rabbit golf. I didn't believe him, and I figured because he doesn't know much about VWs that it was a golf, but he insisted it was a Rabbit. He said the manual said rabbit on it. Were there any specail edditions I don't know about or something? or did this guy just have a rabbit manual in his golf or something? I was quite puzzled by that one.
-mike[HR][/HR]​
maybe hes looking at the wrong manual? maybe the owner slapped a "rabbit" badge on the car? i dont know. but i can tell you there definately werent any mk3 rabbits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Is a GTi still a Rabbit? (JetTAFLiTe)

That guy is lying and he's not really your friend. Be wary of those types 8vGTIGuy!!

Thank you for your replys and have a nice day. My GTi is a GTi and not a Rabbit and my GTi can be a Golf GTi but not a Rabbit. No Rabbit....

·
Banned
5,873 Posts

um, in new england there are tons and tons of rabbits... non gti's....
are you saying there were only rabbits in 83-84? the rest of the mkI's were golfs?
if so, that's not true at all.
the first rabbit in the states was in 77. they were available in 4dr and 2dr, and gti...

edit* wait, nevermind. i get it now...

[Modified by VolkSchnell-GTI, 5:11 PM 12-5-2001]

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Re: Is a GTi still a Rabbit? (VolkSchnell-GTI)

no no no, there was NO MK1 Golf in the states, they were all called Rabbit's... In europe they was no rabbit's only MK1 Golfs....

·
Registered
4,675 Posts

Well, since they were called golfs overseas and NOT rabbits, they are still golfs and GTIs...like we have now.

·
Banned
5,873 Posts

i thought you had a rabbit gti and were asking about rabbit v.s. gti rabbit...
you meant mkIII right......?

ok, i need coffee now.

·
Registered
7,427 Posts

actually in europe there was a rabbit, it was a lower trim level on the GTI...still a GTI but not a fully equipped GTI, mk1classic has one..hes from finland i think, or norway

·
Registered
1,133 Posts

I am pretty sure Austria used the Rabbit badging for some time, even on Mk III cars. I think on the newer ones they might still use the moniker or the little emblem.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts