VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, is it worth to get a p-flo for a TDI????
will it sound better?....better performance....or just a little weight reduction and looks?
[edit] if u know anything or have any advice...please post as i might buy one tmrw[/edit]

[Modified by Zuber Speed, 5:48 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Re: is a p-flo worth it to get... (1BadAzzVR6)

I was on pflow then went back to stock then I am back to pflow again and let me tell you. Pflow is better than stock air box. I've notice more responsive pick up and harder pulls. Especially these cold weather helps too.
I have a brand new set which is open box for sale if you are interested. Which was never used but it was displayed for show.
Oh, I have UPsolute chip and Pflow does help as I noticed.
I like it.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by soundzero, 12:54 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Banned
3,170 Posts
Re: is a p-flo worth it to get... (Zuber Speed)

If you have a 3" size maf my EVOMS is for sale. It's not the CAI but it stll is a good intake.

·
Registered
16,108 Posts

it's good ... i have on my VR....... but i realized a panel filter would do i better job, i 've tried both of them, the panel filter gives me a better throttle response , but the p-flow 's sound is pretty sweet..panel filter(K&N) do the same job as the p-flow,
panelfilter=faster at lower rpm
P-flow= great sound power at higher rpm
u decide http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
12,171 Posts

Well the P-Flo worked great on my 2.0 but I lost power everywhere on my 1.8t. You may want to get feedback from TDi owners before you make up your mind. These cars are pretty picky about what you do to the air before it goes by the MAF. Sound and looks are one thing but time after time the P-Flo showed power loss on the 1.8t across the RPM range on a dyno and thats whats important. To me (seat of the pants feel) there was a loss at low RPM. Midrange at highway speeds was really hurt also. Again it works great on NA cars but turbos are a little different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts