VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
there is this older lady in town driving a pirelli edition coupe that she only drives in the summer. the thing looks like it has rolled off the show room floor and only maintained at the dealer. someone said they are worth some money. is it worth going to talk to her about it and if so, how much cash should I offer her. I don't think she knows its a big deal. thanks. oh, its red, mileage unknown, the rest is mint!
oh, its a wolfie by the way. can see the badges on the fenders. thats all I know.

Modified by claytski at 12:28 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
Re: is a pirelli edition coupe worth much? (claytski)

never heard of a pirelli edition before did have something special other than the tires

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: is a pirelli edition coupe worth much? (dubsport87)

I think it had a different interior, it has p slot wheels, its a wolfie. not sure on anything else or if the other stuff is even correct.
my buddy has a new england edition jetta. ever heard of that?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: is a pirelli edition coupe worth much? (claytski)

I had an 87. I don't think there is anything pirelli besides the wheels and tires. Mine was billed as a wolfsburg coupe. Wolfsburg side badges. Red stripe on the beltline trim and bumpers. *********** mirrors with defrost. Black trunk spoiler. 16V type airdam. I sold it for about $1000 but it neede some minor bodywork.

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
If you're not sure how much to ask, then talk to her and try to get her to give a ballpark figure. If you just randomly give a price without knowing what she is thinking, especially since she isn't really trying to sell the car, you run the risk of pissing her off with a lowball and killing your chances of getting the car.
This sounds like a major stereotype, but I know a lot of people will probably agree with me...quite often, when it comes to old people thinking about selling such a car, they either:
a) Unload it for some ridiculously low price because they don't know it's worth more.
- or -
b) Ask for 10x what the car is really worth because they think a clean, well-maintained vehicle should only depreciate $100 each year.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Re: is a pirelli edition coupe worth much? (03kpa)

Quote, originally posted by 03kpa »

b) Ask for 10x what the car is really worth because they think a clean, well-maintained vehicle should only depreciate $100 each year.

I can vouch for that. This older couple came into the dealer yesterday and was looking at buying a new car. There old car was a 89 Cutlass Supreme which was clean inside and out and which BB at around 2-3k she said "Well its an awefully nice car you couldn't give us at least 6 for it."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts