VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have plus suspension in the front of my golf, and am running the speedlines off of an slc corrado, but the positive offset is killing me in the rear. I have been debating with my dad for weeks as to whether or not there is a difference. If not in the beam itself (not likely) then in the spindles maybe?
Thanks,
Drew

· Premium Member
08 TSX 6MT, 12 XC70 T6
47,884 Posts
Re: (Bill Brasky)

Quote, originally posted by Bill Brasky »
If you just used a 5 lug disk on a regular A2, then you are 5mm too narow on each side for the speedlines.
The SLC beam is also 10mm wider than a G60. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Bill Brasky taught me everything I know about VWs. Hell of a salesman too.

· Registered
10,781 Posts
Re: (Chapel)

It's more like 50mm (about 2.5") wider than a G60 rear beam, not 10mm. I had to use 25mm spacers on each side to match the plus suspension track in front. I ended up upgrading to 30mm spacers in back to make the track even wider, to decrease understeer.

· Registered
48 Posts
Re: (g60racer)

Quote, originally posted by g60racer »
. I ended up upgrading to 30mm spacers in back to make the track even wider, to decrease understeer.

Are you sure wider in the rear would decrease understeer? I was under the assumption that the wider track would increase grip therefore causing more understeer. Please correct me if I am wrong as I will order some spacers for the rear to help eliminate as much understeer as possible.

· Registered
1,588 Posts

It's more like 50mm (about 2.5") wider than a G60 rear beam, not 10mm. I had to use 25mm spacers on each side to match the plus suspension track in front. I ended up upgrading to 30mm spacers in back to make the track even wider, to decrease understeer.

Sweet. 2.5" total width i am guessing. So I can put 1.25" wider wheels on the back of a G60 than on a VR6?

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Re: (Motohead)

dude look in the bently, under specs, rear track between G60 and VR6 models is only a 4mm difference, the beams are the same. why do you think the rear quarters are the same between both, the front is wider thats why slc fenders are wider, the rear is the same width

· Registered
5,350 Posts
Re: (Nuzzi)

There is definetely a significant difference between the beams. I had an SLC beam on my car, and I was able to run my wheels without spacers. I later rebuilt a G60 beam with 5 lug rotors and swapped it on, and I had to run 7mm spacers to clear the coilovers, with the same wheels. Overall the VR beam itself is wider.

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Re: (PhantomDubs)

i believe you but then i wonder why the bently is wrong, oh well i guess they cant get it all right. so can you use an slc beam with 4 lug rotors? i want a wide rear but would rather not use spacers

· Registered
2,440 Posts
Re: (PhantomDubs)

so does anyone actually know how much wider the slc beam is over a g60 beam? cuz everyone says something different. if someone has one of each it would be cool if they could actually measure end to end and post it

· Registered
10,781 Posts
Re: (Nuzzi)

I measured it at 50mm wider. As I posted before. Got down on my hands and knees with a measuring tape and did the dirty work.
The bentley is a little off on this. Not the first time, and you'll discover some more inaccuracies in it (especially in the wiring diagrams).

· Registered
2,718 Posts

I measured it at 50mm wider. As I posted before. Got down on my hands and knees with a measuring tape and did the dirty work.
The bentley is a little off on this. Not the first time, and you'll discover some more inaccuracies in it (especially in the wiring diagrams).

glad to hear someone actually got dirty checking http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
thats just a hair under 2" total [25.4mm in 1 inch]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.