VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered beige "Jetta" carpeted floor mats for my car over 2 months ago. First, they sent me the wrong ones. Then, they didn't pay for the shipping to send them back because I didnt' make that specific request (like they need to be told). They never returned my emails. I called them today and they didn't even have me set-up for an exchange for the correct mats. Now the mats are on back-order and they have no idea when they will get them!!! Horrible service. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
I am so frustrated!!!

-bender

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (bender73)

I guess it's better to deal directly with a dealer...
J-F

·
Registered
3,592 Posts

I didn't even know you could order through Driver's Gear.. why not get it at a dealership.. the prices are the same and no shipping fees.

·
Registered
21,470 Posts

Much simpler to buy at your dealership. My dealer takes great delight in selling for slightly less than the catalog prices. Plus, he knows exactly what my car is, therefore no screwups. The coffee's free there also.
Michael

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (PanEuropean)

could be worse.. you could be these guys...
my dad used to work at Boeing, and one day he came home with a classic story.
Bit of background info: The Sultan of Brunei has his own personal 737..
Well, one day, the mechanics decided they needed a new engine(why, no one knows) but they went through the parts catalog and found a big box that was the right one for the engine.. They ordered it and when it arrived they were pissed because there was no engine inside. Boeing got called up and the mechanics were told that they ordered the box that the engine is shipped in, but not the engine...
I don't know exactly how much truth there is in it, but i suspect that it's not too far from the absolute truth

·
Registered
57 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (Godlike)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, one day, the mechanics decided they needed a new engine(why, no one knows) but they went through the parts catalog and found a big box that was the right one for the
engine.. [HR][/HR]​
If you knew anything about aircraft, you would know that engine replacements and overhauls are all a part of proper aircraft maintenance. Do you think they last forever? As for looking through a Boeing parts catalog for a new engine, that's not true. Boeing doesn't make or sell aircraft engines. They are supplied to Boeing by aircraft engine manufacturers like GE, Pratt & Whitney, etc. and installed by Boeing when the aircraft is made. Also the box for the engine is probably not sold separately. It would most likely be included in the price of the engine and be used to ship the old engine (core) back to the manufacturer after swapping them out.
quote:[HR][/HR]They ordered it and when it arrived they were pissed because there was no engine inside. Boeing got called up and the mechanics were told that they ordered the box that the
engine is shipped in, but not the engine... [HR][/HR]​
Assuming they could order an engine "box" from Boeing, if they were mad because there was no engine, they are stupid and should be fired because like I said: 1. Boeing doesn't make or sell aircraft engines and 2. does not make or sell the crating for engines.
quote:[HR][/HR]I don't know exactly how much truth there is in it, but i suspect that it's not too far from the absolute truth[HR][/HR]​
I think either your dad was flat out wrong or you're just making the story up. I should know. I work for Boeing and never heard such a story. Most likely an urban legend. But if you have further information to support such a story, then post it. Also, exactly where in Boeing did you dad work? What was his job?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (Godlike)

Do parts catalogs ever have parts descriptions? This sounds like a story that gets passed around a lot before anyone hears it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (djizreel)

The DriverGear catalog magically started appearing after buying my Jetta in May....I ordered some of those monster rubber floor mats and got them within a week.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (jim_duke)

quote:[HR][/HR]
If you knew anything about aircraft, you would know that engine replacements and overhauls are all a part of proper aircraft maintenance....
Also, exactly where in Boeing did you dad work? What was his job?[HR][/HR]​
This is a classic blue collar vs. businessman arguement... that is a great story handed down among top exec. types in Seattle (now Chicago), while the grunt in the factory in middle America "just knows it's BS". Funny stuff. His dad's probably CEO!!! Anyway I'll get to the point... I don't appreciate a-hole traffic on this board!!! Everyone be nice!!!
-jfost

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (jfost)

I ordered the baseball caps ones that say Drivers Wanted and ones that say VW. Both of them were too small and cheap to me!! I returned all of them....

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
Re: Is anyone else frustrated with VW's Driver Gear? (jim_duke)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, one day, the mechanics decided they needed a new engine(why, no one knows) but they went through the parts catalog and found a big box that was the right one for the
engine..
If you knew anything about aircraft, you would know that engine replacements and overhauls are all a part of proper aircraft maintenance. Do you think they last forever? As for looking through a Boeing parts catalog for a new engine, that's not true. Boeing doesn't make or sell aircraft engines. They are supplied to Boeing by aircraft engine manufacturers like GE, Pratt & Whitney, etc. and installed by Boeing when the aircraft is made. Also the box for the engine is probably not sold separately. It would most likely be included in the price of the engine and be used to ship the old engine (core) back to the manufacturer after swapping them out.
They ordered it and when it arrived they were pissed because there was no engine inside. Boeing got called up and the mechanics were told that they ordered the box that the
engine is shipped in, but not the engine...
Assuming they could order an engine "box" from Boeing, if they were mad because there was no engine, they are stupid and should be fired because like I said: 1. Boeing doesn't make or sell aircraft engines and 2. does not make or sell the crating for engines.
I don't know exactly how much truth there is in it, but i suspect that it's not too far from the absolute truth
I think either your dad was flat out wrong or you're just making the story up. I should know. I work for Boeing and never heard such a story. Most likely an urban legend. But if you have further information to support such a story, then post it. Also, exactly where in Boeing did you dad work? What was his job?[HR][/HR]​
Chill, this is just a story.
On the second thought, if the engine in your car freezes and needs to be replaced, you don't call Germany or Brazilian factory that makes engines for VW, you rather call VW. In this case, if you buy a Boeing, if there is something wrong, you call them, and you order parts thru Boeing. Am I missing something?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts