VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Re: Is anyone else using a PACESETTER Header????? (machschnelGTI)

I dont know about the pace setter header, but Brospeed also makes a header for ABA, and check out the top speed header.........DC sports makes one for the vr, but not ABA (ive been a hater on DC Sports since then)..............

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (SRSVW)

I'm about ready to scrap it....I spent a week porting the head and it still feels like its choking. I was looking at the header and the dual manifold and almost looked like the manifold would flow better. I guess I'll change it out.

·
Registered
1961 Beetle, 2019 e-Golf
991 Posts
Re: (SRSVW)

I've installed two pace setter headers on customer's cars, these despite my warnings, both were removed and sent back for the same problems everyone else has described, they are garbage! I'm fond of Autotech's and Techtonics headers myself, check those guys also.
Thanks for the dyno info, now I have something concrete to tell the "budget-minded" folks who seem drawn to Pace Setter performance. It never saves money when you have to do it twice anyway.
Edit: I just noticed who I was replying to, If Dick Shine says it's crap, it's crap.

Modified by BreenMachine at 11:15 AM 9-26-2004

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.