VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs?
wondering if my car is the same exact black as the 20th...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Re: is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs? (addm)

NO NO NO NO NO
it has metalic flake and a bit of pearl

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs? (gtivrsix)

so.. does this mean its easier to make it look good or is it just as hard as any other black to keep clean?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs? (addm)

Just as difficult to keep clean as any other black. But, imo, I think it's a gazillion times better looking when clean.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs? (NoMSG)

Ok you sparked a nerve within the 20AE and 337 people .. we need love here all the colors look the same and the best on our golfs... Ok group hug for the people with BMP because they will feel left out, because their car is not a unique VW color

·
Registered
498 Posts
Re: is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs? (yellow20thgti)

Quote, originally posted by yellow20thgti »
Ok you sparked a nerve within the 20AE and 337 people .. we need love here all the colors look the same and the best on our golfs... Ok group hug for the people with BMP because they will feel left out, because their car is not a unique VW color

LOLOL on the group hug! It's actually the same as Audi's Volcano Black. I'm just saying it's a gazillion times better because that's what I have.
I didn't mean my previous post as "nerve-sparking" at all. So if that's how it was interpreted, sowwy. It's all good.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Re: is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs? (NoMSG)

Quote, originally posted by NoMSG »

LOLOL on the group hug! It's actually the same as Audi's Volcano Black. I'm just saying it's a gazillion times better because that's what I have.
I didn't mean my previous post as "nerve-sparking" at all. So if that's how it was interpreted, sowwy. It's all good.

Its all good, this is good stuff we all need a laugh that is what forums are for
Its good we can all have diff colors but still get along so well ...

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Re: is black magic pearl [BMP] the same as the black on regular GTIs and GOLFs? (yellow20thgti)

BMP is a gazillion times better than ANY other color!!! j/k

I think it shows alot more depth than a standard black. It makes the clearcoat look really thick. On overcast days it looks black, in direct sunlight it has a hint of charcoal, at night time the metallic really sparkles. Under flourescent lights it looks extremely metallic, almost grey.http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I'd been anticipating that beautiful Imola for months, but when I saw it next to the BMP, the choice was simple. (no offence to Imola owners, I still love that color)
If you want to keep your car looking good, you really need the extra time to keep the BMP glassy.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Re: (jettasin00)

Quote, originally posted by jettasin00 »
the bmp has what i think is a charcoal like pearl. its one sick color. i love mine when its all clean

I agree completely, I love the charcoal look, especially with my 13% tinted windows. I have got to get the smoked bumper lenses soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts