VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried cooling fuel? (a tank with a coil line tapped in the fuel line that you add ice and water) If anyone has info please post it here.. is there any hp gains?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Re: Is cold fuel better? (elveloz69)

'Better' is subjective.
Cold fuel is basically condensed, having more fuel molecules per fluid unit measure.
Fuel alone doesn't make power, it needs oxygen in an optimal ratio. Therefore condensed fuel CAN result in more power IF oxygen is available in sufficient quantity.
Fuel is only part of the power equation.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is cold fuel better? (franz131)

thanks..the way you explained it makes me want to know more...very interesting http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif is using itb's.....MORE oxigen?? or did I get it wrong?
Want to know more !!!

Modified by elveloz69 at 5:47 PM 10-4-2008

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
ITB's typically flow more air over stock. I feel like if you cooled the gasoline it would throw off the injector calibration, causing you to just run rich. I mean, if you wanted to get more fuel in there why not just run bigger injectors? Cooling the fuel just seems like the hard way of achieving the same thing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Re: (robs92jettv2.0)

Quote, originally posted by robs92jettv2.0 »
ITB's typically flow more air over stock. I feel like if you cooled the gasoline it would throw off the injector calibration, causing you to just run rich. I mean, if you wanted to get more fuel in there why not just run bigger injectors? Cooling the fuel just seems like the hard way of achieving the same thing.

How will bigger injectors aid charge cooling?
Can big injectors increase the capacity of the fuel tank?
These are the reasons why the F.I.A. set a temperature limit for fuel, despite the teams being able to run any injector they choose.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (franz131)

Quote, originally posted by franz131 »

These are the reasons why the F.I.A. set a temperature limit for fuel, despite the teams being able to run any injector they choose.

Interesting point you got there

·
Registered
315 Posts
Re: (elveloz69)

http://www.shell.com/home/cont....html
Check that link out. It gives a little insight into how much work goes into developing fuel on the top levels. It's pretty interesting stuff.
EDIT: Apparently all the interesting stuff that I thought was there was actually in a magazine article. Either Racecar Engineering or Race Tech. If I find the article I'll post it.

Modified by a350z4me at 6:34 PM 11-19-2008

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.