VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
6,560 Posts
I've used DAS before. It took a long time for them to finally ship the car. I don't know if my car fell through the cracks but it took ~6 weeks to finally get my car
I've also used Uship and the communication and feedback was very fast and it was a great experience. I got to talk directly to the man driving the car to me and I could choose my price and transport company. I highly recommend Uship

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
23,027 Posts
First congrats on what looks like a very clean car. Considering the car and the time of year, you should definitely shipped covered. I recommend InterCity Lines because they're very professional and reasonably priced.

I like to practice what I preach..

·
Banned
4,282 Posts
i used DAS once. they quoted what i thought was a great price. i was very surprised at how quick and accurate they were. but they tried to bill me an extra 240 bucks for some BS after the fact. i got a bill 2 weeks later without warning. i got it worked out, but i thought the tactic was a little underhanded. i was fine in the end because i had everything in writing and i pushed.

congrats. she looks gorgeous.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
DO NOT, I repeat DO NOT, DO NOT use DAS.

If you don't take my word for it, I highly advise that you take a look at their rating on the Better Business Bureau site, along with the complains and stories against them. They have the WORST rating possible, period. Do some internet searches and you'll see...

Now my story.

I used them to ship my CTS-V to and from Los Angeles and Virginia. The shipment out there to LA was uneventful, nothing to really speak of. I will mention that I arranged to pay for the shipment upon receiving the vehicle.

When I shipped the car back however I paid in advance and had about $2000 worth of audio equipment stolen from the vehicle. They also did damage to my factory stereo system and the car interior in the process of stealing it. This SAME equipment was in the vehicle during the first shipment and I was assured BOTH times that so long as it was properly secured, there would not no issues with shipping.

Long story short, they refused to replace or compensate me for my equipment after having me run around and get multiple quotes for replacement cost. They acted as if they would do the right thing and take care of it. It was all a complete run around. Ultimately my only recourse and saving grace was that I paid using a credit card and was able to dispute the charges. I got a little less than half of my losses back. They then turned the bill over to a collection agency who repeatedly threatened me even KNOWING that the charge was fraudulent and $ had been returned to me by Visa. These people are scumbags.

Don't deal with crooks

·
Registered
34,741 Posts
heh.... Maybe I won't use them then, thanks kindly for the reviews :beer:
Good idea. I used them once about 5 years ago. Had to get a refund. :thumbdown:

Worst thing is, I had to FIGHT to get my refund. Not my fault that they couldn't figure out how to ship a car to Maine. :mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
I am in the expedited shipping business, but NOT in the Auto Transport business and I also recommend that you check out Uship. The companies / owner ops on there are all bidding for the business so you can get a great price while screening the feedback of the carriers. If saving money is not a huge concern, you can't go wrong with Intercity Lines or Horseless Carriage, good luck.

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
Sounds like people have made some good suggestions INSTEAD of DAS. Personally I would look in to those options.

After my experience I told myself that I would do anything I could to make sure something like what happened to me never happens to another person at the hands of DAS. After spending that much $ on your new car, you're going to be excited and want/expect it when you're told. You are REALLY rolling the dice on whether you'll get the car within several MONTHS time, and have no idea what type of condition it will be in, or what will be missing with DAS. If it comes down to a couple hundred bucks difference to go with another company, just go for it, with peace of mind that at least you don't KNOW you're dealing with crooks.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
I use a very reliable shipping broker here in South Florida all the time; I have sent him much business off TCL in the past year for people all over the country. If you want to talk to a real person and be spared the BS shoot me a PM and I will send his info.

·
Banned
6,330 Posts
I have only shipped a car once and it was with DAS. It worked out great and they were flexible with the date. Initially I was going to have a door to terminal shipment, but life happened and we ended up dropping off at the local terminal a few days ahead of the original schedule. It wasn't too expensive and I was more comfortable using them rather than a broker who required we pay cash to the driver at pick up.

I'm actually looking for a carrier for a 96 GMC Sierra my father in law wants to give us. DAS wants like $800 to ship it from Orange County, CA to Dallas.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have only shipped a car once and it was with DAS. It worked out great and they were flexible with the date. Initially I was going to have a door to terminal shipment, but life happened and we ended up dropping off at the local terminal a few days ahead of the original schedule. It wasn't too expensive and I was more comfortable using them rather than a broker who required we pay cash to the driver at pick up.

I'm actually looking for a carrier for a 96 GMC Sierra my father in law wants to give us. DAS wants like $800 to ship it from Orange County, CA to Dallas.
Uship brahhh

1 - 20 of 52 Posts