VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What I mean is: there are tons of great parts for Golf V available from Germany and places. Are Golf V headlights a direct fit to Jetta V, etc.? I am certain the interior is the same. What about the exterior? Thanks!

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: Is Golf V front interchangeable with Jetta V front? (comcf)

Yep- gone are the days of front-end swaps that require swapping of all panels in front of the a-pillar, a la MkIV.
Want a Golf bumper on your Jetta? Just buy it and put it on. Found a set of OEM HIDs that were removed from a Jetta but want them for your Golf? Buy them and put them on.
The only issue I could potentially forsee would be if European bumpers are different than US bumpers, much like they were on the MkIV cars. Still, all that would really require would be a Euro rebar.

· Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Is Golf V front interchangeable with Jetta V front? (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
Yep- gone are the days of front-end swaps that require swapping of all panels in front of the a-pillar, a la MkIV.

Awesome. I might consider seriously buying a 2.0T then. Thanks, guys!

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: Is Golf V front interchangeable with Jetta V front? (EPaterline)

Quote, originally posted by EPaterline »
You are joking right! We have all complained that the front ends are the same and both suck.

No, he's not kidding. The standard Jetta front is quite different from the standard Golf front, believe it or not. It all lies in the design of the bumper covers.
When you start talking GTI and GLI, that's where there's really no difference.

· Registered
2,410 Posts
Re: Is Golf V front interchangeable with Jetta V front? (EPaterline)

Quote, originally posted by EPaterline »
You are joking right! We have all complained that the front ends are the same and both suck.

I don't recall EVERYONE complaining that they suck....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.