VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A question I have been pondering.... Since I carve about every corner I come accross (Since the suspension and tire upgrades
)
Is hard cornering all the time bad for my car? Im not concerned about tire wear or shock absorber wear... I'm more concerned about driveline wear, wheel bearings ... etc.
I have quattro....
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Re: Is hard Cornering bad for my car ??? (audiness)

I'm no driveline engineer, but I say it has to be somewhat harder than driving like granny. But you invested in an Audi quattro and then modded the suspension so that you could have fun driving... so what if you have to replace some maintenance items sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

i wrote the book on hard cornering and i've NEVER had a problem with wheel bearings or suspension wearing out. the worst is that your tires will wear down quicker. the only situations you have to worry about is hard cornering on really bumpy roads. i've knocked the alignment out by drifting around a corner and hitting a pothole. but $19.95 for a front wheel alignment later... i was back to kicking butt!
have fun!
obin http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Re: Is hard Cornering bad for my car ??? (Obin Robinson)

quote:[HR][/HR]i wrote the book on hard cornering...[HR][/HR]​
I read that book!

·
Registered
980 Posts
Re: Is hard Cornering bad for my car ??? (Obin Robinson)

What he said.. Seriously, the only thing you really "hurt" is the tread on your tires.
quote:[HR][/HR]i wrote the book on hard cornering and i've NEVER had a problem with wheel bearings or suspension wearing out. the worst is that your tires will wear down quicker. the only situations you have to worry about is hard cornering on really bumpy roads. i've knocked the alignment out by drifting around a corner and hitting a pothole. but $19.95 for a front wheel alignment later... i was back to kicking butt!
have fun!
obin http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
E82M Coupe, A177 A35 Hatch
5,039 Posts

Dude, a guy that really enjoys his/her car will never ask this question in the first place. Just drive dude, just drive...

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Is hard Cornering bad for my car ??? (MrRoboto)

Thanks Guys!!
P.S. - Obin , Did you really write a book? Can I find it on amazon.com?

·
Registered
18,828 Posts
Re: Is hard Cornering bad for my car ??? (jerk)

I have that book in my downstair's bathroom. I read it while taking a crunch.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Re: Is hard Cornering bad for my car ??? (SidRocco)

quote:[HR][/HR]Thanks Guys!!
Agh... I tried, they said it's out of print...
[HR][/HR]​
No, seriously. Did you write a book?

·
Registered
38,608 Posts
Re: Is hard Cornering bad for my car ??? (RJetta8V)

quote:[HR][/HR]Thanks Guys!!
Agh... I tried, they said it's out of print...

No, seriously. Did you write a book?[HR][/HR]​
hmm, if i pulled all my Streetracing, org, Founders Region Porsche Club, Pelicanparts, and VwVortex posts together... i'd probably add up to a book.
no, i was just joking, but the posts i had on beaterz.com were the best. we used to talk about how much we beat the living crap out of ever car we'd owned. lots of fun.
offhand, i WAS thinking of putting together a book on Porsche 924/94 performance, but that's not for a while.
obin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts