VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
809 Posts
Re: is it common for springs not to fit? H&R race springs are too small at the top. (GTI2.0T)

hmmm....sounds like you got a later style spring or it's the same as the gti spring. Which may be the case. Just get a later style GTI spring cap and it will work fine. The cap on the Corrados has a bit bigger diameter, expcept for like the 94's which have the same size as the gti.
myk

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: is it common for springs not to fit? H&R race springs are too small at the top. (MYK)

do u think if i got the later model gti cap that everything else will fit?
(such as the berring above it etc.?

· Registered
2,913 Posts
Re: is it common for springs not to fit? H&R race springs are too small at the top. (GTI2.0T)

H&R screwed up by sending me the wrong springs once too. I didn't figure it out until my buddy showed up to pick his car up and I dropped it down off the jack stands- the jack was stuck under the car and we had to lift the car off the jack! I contacted H&R and they were jerks about it telling me I must have done something wrong because they sent the right springs and that they were the proper numbers. I ordered Neuspeed springs and returned the H&Rs. Problem solved.
If you do get spring caps you might want to get the lowering caps to give you an added drop.

· Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: is it common for springs not to fit? H&R race springs are too small at the top. (Bobcdn)

i called and they said the ones i have are for the corrado vr6.. i asked them to read me the part # and they told me, so its not like i told them and they just said "yea thats the rite ones." ill try and get some caps tomorrow. do you know where i could get them without having to order them?
u think vw will have them in stock?
i dont want an extra drop... im more looking for the stiff suspension cause im gonna be getting some serious power soon (FI)

Modified by GTI2.0T at 11:53 PM 7-17-2003

· Registered
2,913 Posts

My springs had the right numbers on the wrong springs. I ordered H&R sport springs- the ones that are only supposed to lower the car a max of .5". The ones I was sent dropped the car so far that most of the tires on a 17" rim was tucked. After telling H&R this they still insisted that I had the right spring because of the number. Thats when I ordered the Nuespeeds instead. When the Nuespeed springs came in I removed the H&Rs and returned them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.