VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the interior of your car make any annoying sounds when hitting small bumps, just generally driving? It's not something I can diagnose, because its EVERYWHERE, I try to accept it but damnit I drive other vehicles that are just plain quiet, go and get in mine and it's a dam old mans door.

Any others feel the same way. I have to open my windows or blast music just to cover it all up.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Does the interior of your car make any annoying sounds when hitting small bumps, just generally driving? It's not something I can diagnose, because its EVERYWHERE, I try to accept it but damnit I drive other vehicles that are just plain quiet, go and get in mine and it's a dam old mans door.

Any others feel the same way. I have to open my windows or blast music just to cover it all up.
I've also got an 03 but i don't really get random noises. I know my axle is in need of being replaced, and I hear that, other than that, it's fairly quiet.

·
Registered
902 Posts
weird i can point out 3 spots on my car that make noise, no crayon smell.

Most of my noise comes from the back panels, and probably because they're not fastened down properly, and only hear it when the car twists

Mines an 00, w/137k kms...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
I fixed almost all my squeaks by lubing the door seals. I've used silicone and Wurth rubber care. They work for a few months. I used Krytox (the expensive stuff used to lube Eos top seals) on another car and that one has been squeak free for almost 2 years.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thankfully don't have the crayon smell but my car is only at 84k and it just creaks like crazy, it is VERY depressing because I still owe 8k on it and the captains cabin sounds like a car from the late 70s..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another common noise issue is creaking from the front stabilizer bar bushings, especially when it is hot outside.
I'll soon be doing the ECS suspension refresh so hopefully that makes the bumps a bit less "bumpy" for me, and also there is some pretty nasty sounds coming from up there.

·
Registered
274 Posts
your only 4k from 2 trips around the world (just to put it in perspective). and its only embarassing until you blow an m3 or mustang off the road in a hatchback (which many girls describe as cute):laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.