VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may sound odd, but does anyone ever get the feeling that their car feels different sometimes. Besides weather changes. It's been really cold this past week in Southern Cali, but it seems like my car doesnt move somedays. I get less throttle response sometimes, acceleration lag, even my exhaust seems to sound different sometimes. Is it me????

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Re: Is it me or the car???? (Bozzza)

Turbo cars are a little finike they dont always run exactly then same like NA cars do for the most part.My car always feels like a dog right after i top off the tank.Must be th extra wieght i guess.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Re: Is it me or the car???? (20VsilvrGTI)

It's not just you, I feel the same way about my 1.8T. Some days I love it, some days I wonder what's happened...
But I don't worry about it too much!
I just enjoy my car each and every time I get in for the ride!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Re: Is it me or the car???? (Bozzza)

Since this is a thread about the unexplainable:
I feel that my car accelerates better when I press the gas pedal only partially down. It does not accelerate as well when I floor it. I somehow seem to get the best acceleration when I first floor it and then let the pedal come back slowly, at some point acceleratoin peaks.
Weird enough?
And yeah, some days it feels slower than others. But I'm not sure if it's related to what I described above, as that behaviour is somewhat counterintuitive.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Re: Is it me or the car???? (xls)

not really, proly has to do with the DBW, prolly can't report the throtle position, adjust the fuel, check the ASR and all the other things it has to do in a millsecondto handle all the airflow..but that is just my opinion and a theory..alot of carb cars act the same way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts