VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The only reason I showed my car is so I could look at my score for future reference and maybe to compare with winning scores. I knew I wasn't going to win anything this year, but I do plan on it eventually.

So is it possible to look at the scores somewhere?

·
Registered
7,276 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (Cheshire_Cat)

score sheet should be to know how they score and what they want to see...or at least release one before the show to see what they give points for and also take away for.

·
Registered
5,718 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (00BORAGLX)

quote:[HR][/HR]score sheet should be to know how they score and what they want to see...or at least release one before the show to see what they give points for and also take away for.
[HR][/HR]​
No doubt, that was one of my only complaints last year...I like to know where I need to improve.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (Kid Kusu)

Well, think about what judges look for. Cleanliness is at the top in my book. A well executed, consistent theme is no. 2. Of course, as you were told, all areas (engine, trunk) must be accessible to judges in order to gain points for that area (the only problem with this yesterday is that people shut their cars due to the rain). Even for having a completely stock car, as long as it is clean you will score points.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (4Rings)

yes, but allowing those who participate to see their score cards will allow them to be better prepared for next year, focus on areas that were weak, and in effect better their ability to place in this and and other shows.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (MorpheusMac)

Correct, what you said was true. You can only learn from your mistakes when you know what your mistake was. NW European have their reasons for not releasing the information (I, being a ww judge, personally do not know these reasons) but I can think of many reasons NOT to release that information.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (LitleDee032)

I think Chris said they'd be online in a few days. It took a little longer than that to get them up last year IIRC.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (MorpheusMac)

quote:[HR][/HR]yes, but allowing those who participate to see their score cards will allow them to be better prepared for next year, focus on areas that were weak, and in effect better their ability to place in this and and other shows.
[HR][/HR]​
Unfair for newcomers. Judging is pretty standard, anyways. I think they should have taken points off for all of the cars there that were waxed poorly/not waxed. You could tell w/ all of the rain.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Correct, what you said was true. You can only learn from your mistakes when you know what your mistake was. NW European have their reasons for not releasing the information (I, being a ww judge, personally do not know these reasons) but I can think of many reasons NOT to release that information. [HR][/HR]​

Rob , I think it has to do with car showers feelings , most folks take affence to the comments on there cars. I try to always put some good and bad note in sheet.

·
Registered
10,053 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (EvoVEnto)

Quite very well be the case. Judging such a small class makes it easy for me to remember the mods on every car. I'm sure it's quite different judging a large class like MkIV and MkIII.

·
Registered
26,658 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (Kid Kusu)

I think, releasing individual score sheets is a bad idea.
However, I think that providing general scoring criteria is a very good idea. Perhaps then some of us who are scratching our heads about some of the judging decisions might have a better idea of the pre-established criteria the judges had to work with. I know the judges in a couple of the classes, they are very bright, knowledgeable people with significant depth of knowledge of the cars in the classes they judged. Which led to my being surprised at a couple of the outcomes.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Re: Is it possible to get your score sheet? (00BORAGLX)

quote:[HR][/HR]score sheet should be to know how they score and what they want to see...or at least release one before the show to see what they give points for and also take away for.
[HR][/HR]​
Yes I agree, for newcomers its very tough (I was one), even things like leaving the car open-hood up etc...I did not know, my fault though I should have asked questions and done my groundwork.
I think it's would be very tough on the judges to give a personal score, it could create some unwanted backlash, people hate having their cars marked bad even if they deserve so... just a general guidelines would be nice and a structured point scoring system-broke up into sections like cleaniness/appearance-mods-unique aspects etc. that was published prior to show...
Looking forward to the ranking order when that comes out...
Great show anyways
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
And well done the judges, it cannot be easy

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Well, think about what judges look for. Cleanliness is at the top in my book. A well executed, consistent theme is no. 2. Of course, as you were told, all areas (engine, trunk) must be accessible to judges in order to gain points for that area (the only problem with this yesterday is that people shut their cars due to the rain). Even for having a completely stock car, as long as it is clean you will score points.[HR][/HR]​
Actaully, there were a few items that I had no idea the judges were looking for (this is my 2nd show, so I'm no expert)...
safety? what the hell is that for a category?(actually, I found that in another post). If I had known what that was and how it would be scored, I would have had my full sized spare, jack, flashlight, jumper pack, etc on display instead of hidden under the rear trunk cover.... It might have swung me into 1st instead of 2nd...
And I would love to see overall scores (broken down into categories) for each of cars. Definitely a tool to use to improve for the next show. Being new to this, any/all (intelligent) criticism is good.
And for those worried that someone might get their feelings hurt -- if you don't want people to criticize your car, then don't show it. Everyone has different tastes and you will *never* make everyone happy. So build the car the way *you* want it...

·
Registered
2,013 Posts

I would like to know what I lacked, I know I lacked a whole lot meaning I didnt open my trunk, cause all my friends piled all their belongins into cause they actually had stereos to show and I didn't. interior is stock blac leather. Well here is a pick, I heard I got like 5th or 6th, only a spot out of making it into placing....Not bad for my first show.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts