VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,233 Posts
Re: Is it possible to........ (VR6Slvr)

as much as its cool to have the option to open and close my windows with my remote.. its such a pita and annoyance sometimes... http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is it possible to........ (Gaki)

Why's that? but is it possible with the stock remote and an aftermarket module? I think it would be an interesting project. But if it interferes with the OE alarm then forget it.

·
Registered
730 Posts

There is a company that does this. they have an aftermarket keyless remote that just plugs in (its like 3 wires) it also closes the windows and i think it MIGHT open them. i havnet broken down and bought it yet due to the fact that i lost the address. >
Supposedly, it doesnt open the trunk either.. but your key can do that easy.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Re: Is it possible to........ (Branflake)

quote:[HR][/HR]There is a company that does this. they have an aftermarket keyless remote that just plugs in (its like 3 wires) it also closes the windows and i think it MIGHT open them. i havnet broken down and bought it yet due to the fact that i lost the address. >
Supposedly, it doesnt open the trunk either.. but your key can do that easy.[HR][/HR]​
Alientech.....its not alientech.com though i just tried that, try a search for it, a few members in the mkIV forum have it

[Modified by NJTDI, 11:16 PM 4-11-2002]

·
Banned
2,641 Posts

i have a clifford in my car.. the guys rigged the "headlight" button to lock the car and roll up the windows and close the sunroof... i would think you need to get an interface into the stock alarm system and have it reprogram the locking button to lock and hold the lock for 16 secconds (or so) it would insense be the same as holding the key in the locked position..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.