VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On April 24, I will of had my GTI one year. In this year, the following has happened:
1. Three weeks after I got, I think a cyclist or skater hit it. Weird but large scrape towards rear. My cost $625.
2. Three months later, someone did me the favor of keying the entire right side. $1000.
3. Someone slashes my tire. $175
4. Someone dents the hood with a beer bottle (I think.) $125
5. Someone backs into me and impales the front bumper. $400
6. After finally getting 2 through 6 fixed, a friend borrows the car and a shopping car scrapes the side. If I get it fixed, $350.
7. Tonight is the kicker, I come out of work, cracked windshield. About 5" crack. $350
I don't even want to add that up and I am very cautious where I park. None of the above has happened in the same place twice. Can I get a priest or a monk to bless my car? Is this completely messed up. Vortex, help me because I am about to go insane with this auto.
Thanks,
S

·
Registered
13,259 Posts
Re: Is my car cursed???? (Anthrax)

I'm going to have to go with hotdogs

I'm on my 3rd windshield and I have gone through a bottle in touchup paint. I seem to attract road debris. I also got a whole bunch of sap on my paint after parking under a tree for a couple hours. I still can't get it off

I have 4 small dents in the car from various rocks, car doors, etc.
I'm getting close to sanding her, spray painting it matte grey and painting a big firebird on the hood.

·
Registered
13' GenCoupe, 21' Tiguan, 04' 330Ci
11,963 Posts
Re: Is my car cursed???? (vwfus][on)

I know how you feel bro, our car is allways att he service center. I havent seen it for a whole week. My parents think a certain someone who will remain unnamed, is so freakin jealus that we have nice car's, that they get witchcfract done.
BTW, the Mercedes goes to the service center at least 1-2 times a month, our Nissan is at the shop engine broke, Honda is the only car that is ok, and it is the only car that looks like crap.
Them: "What happened to your car? we havent seen it"
Me: "Its getting fixed"
Them: "Aww poor thing (While smiling)"
Me: "WHats so funny?"
Them: "YOu guys spend your money on expensive car's for nothing, look at us we are just fine blah blah blah"
Me: "Yeah, but if I wanted to I could go over there and flip your car over without breaking a sweat, or rocking the car back and forth"
Them: "Well we have to go now"
Arrr!!!!
You need some kind of Wizard bro.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Re: Is my car cursed???? (SYMPATHY)

i think insurance covers winshields, but deduciles are usually more than the glass. 350 seems awfully high for a windshield, unless youre getting the VW German glass. Just get the aftermarket brand made in the good ol US of A!! its about half the price and the only difference is there isnt a microscopic "VW" syumbol in the bottom right corner

·
Registered
549 Posts
Re: Is my car cursed???? (blackbora77)

quote:[HR][/HR]i think insurance covers winshields, but deduciles are usually more than the glass. 350 seems awfully high for a windshield, unless youre getting the VW German glass. Just get the aftermarket brand made in the good ol US of A!! its about half the price and the only difference is there isnt a microscopic "VW" syumbol in the bottom right corner[HR][/HR]​
Don't get anything other than OEM glass. I got it replaced with the cheaper stuff and I can't wait for it to crack to get it replaced again! No joke, I am a stickler for thing though.

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Re: Is my car cursed???? (gqjeff)

quote:[HR][/HR]I hate to say it but it sounds like somebody hates you bro... Sorry to hear about all your troubles and bad luck...
[HR][/HR]​
Yeah... no poop... did you screw your girlfriends sister and get caught or something? Maybe you should get the new Chevy Avelanche...with all that plastic body cladding... you wont need to worry about scrathes or dents anymore.
Hey Jeff... hows the car running? Throw any codes with that carbonio?
Tyler

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
Re: Is my car cursed???? (pipe)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Don't get anything other than OEM glass. I got it replaced with the cheaper stuff and I can't wait for it to crack to get it replaced again! No joke, I am a stickler for thing though.[HR][/HR]​
Pipe, just out of curiousity, what dont you like about the cheaper glass, personally, i cant tell the difference

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Re: Is my car cursed???? (blackbora77)

quote:[HR][/HR]i think insurance covers winshields, but deduciles are usually more than the glass. 350 seems awfully high for a windshield, unless youre getting the VW German glass. Just get the aftermarket brand made in the good ol US of A!! its about half the price and the only difference is there isnt a microscopic "VW" syumbol in the bottom right corner[HR][/HR]​
that is one of the cool things about FL..insurance covers windshield replacement 100% no deductable

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.