VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

is my sisters 2.0 worth modding?

1K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  queue 
#1 ·
My sister has a 2.0. Are there any worth while mods i could do to it? I dont know if its worth the effort, its pretty slow, but it would be cool to get my sister more interested in modding cars.

#7 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (VWturbo2Ltr)

I say don't bother with the little things, get a turbo outright!!!...i wish i hadent modded my car so much, cause by now, all the money i had in cosmetics, cam, and all the other stuff i can have a really decent turbo...which i would rather have, but now that i have all these parts, i would miss them...so...hehe...

[Modified by gti303, 1:39 AM 11-30-2001]

#8 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (gti303)

An automatic 2.0?
I have a 5 speed TDI with 90 hp.
Ask your sister if she wants to race for pink slips... hahaha
I wouldn't modify that car. No offense but $3,000 later it is still going to get it's ass handed to it by stock Japanese economy cars.
The 2.0 is not a performance engine no matter how many thousands of dollars you waste trying to convince yourself it is.

#9 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (gti303)

quote:[HR][/HR]I say don't bother with the little things, get a turbo outright!!!...i wish i hadent modded my car so much, cause by now, all the money i had in cosmetics, cam, and all the other stuff i can have a really decent turbo...which i would rather have, but now that i have all these parts, i would miss them...so...hehe...

[Modified by gti303, 1:39 AM 11-30-2001][HR][/HR]​
I agree.. save up 2k and slap a turbo on there.. Can I modd your sister? J/K

#10 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (H2oVento)

"Put an exhaust,chip and a cam and it will outrun your gli.If it is still stock.I was faster then my friends 16v gti with these mods."
a chipped/exhaust/cammed 2.0 will NOT outrun a stock 1.8l/2.0l 16v thats running in good tune.

#11 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (Blitz16v)

quote:[HR][/HR]"Put an exhaust,chip and a cam and it will outrun your gli.If it is still stock.I was faster then my friends 16v gti with these mods."
a chipped/exhaust/cammed 2.0 will NOT outrun a stock 1.8l/2.0l 16v thats running in good tune.[HR][/HR]​
Seen it,done it,want to see pictures of it?

#12 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (turbo8vjetta)

yeah sure, go for it.... just don't kill yourself trying to prove anything

your friends gli must be in piss poor tune as well.

[Modified by Blitz16v, 10:16 PM 11-30-2001]

#13 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (Malathion)

quote:[HR][/HR]I wouldn't modify that car. No offense but $3,000 later it is still going to get it's ass handed to it by stock Japanese economy cars.
The 2.0 is not a performance engine no matter how many thousands of dollars you waste trying to convince yourself it is.
[HR][/HR]​
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you need to come out of the little world you live in and find someone to give you a ride in their 2.0 turbo, auto or stick, it will SMOKE a stock Japanese car, aside from a WRX, but even those can be beaten by a properly tuned Dub

it is better to be an idiot and not say anything rather then open your mouth and prove it

#16 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (alphaDUB)

You can get a chip and a K&N filter for the car for around $150. Fairly cheap and a noticable improvement.
Might be enough of a 'power increase' to whet her appitite for more mods. But, if she doesn't want to tune it further, you're not out too much cash.

#17 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (VWturbo2Ltr)

quote:[HR][/HR]you need to come out of the little world you live in and find someone to give you a ride in their 2.0 turbo, auto or stick, it will SMOKE a stock Japanese car, aside from a WRX, but even those can be beaten by a properly tuned Dub
[HR][/HR]​
Agreed! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Funniest part is that the WRX uses a 2.0l turbocharged engine
... 'course it's not a VW 2.0 but I still think that's funny

#19 ·
Re: is my sisters 2.0 worth modding? (flashblade)

quote:[HR][/HR]Funniest part is that the WRX uses a 2.0l turbocharged engine
... 'course it's not a VW 2.0 but I still think that's funny[HR][/HR]​
Yeah, that is a horiz. opposed 2.0 at that... I wish more manufacturers made horiz. opp. engines... they are really smooth

I got a ride in a wrx once... really cool... the power on those are so smooth that during a 0-60 you can't believe your actually accelerating that fast.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.