VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

662 Posts
Re: is stableizer bar the same as sway bar? (MK4)

Originally called "stabilizer bars", then started being known as "anti-sway bars", then abbreviated to just "sway bars",
while the racing community called them "anti-roll bars", then the general public abbreviated that to just "roll bars", then
the racers said a roll bar is what protects the driver in a roll-over so the term "sway bar" evolved into the most widely used
term by the public while anti-roll bar is more used among the racing community. Stabilizer bar or anti-roll bar is actually
more correct, but most people call em sway bars so i digress . . . .
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.