VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the topic says; Is the Climatronic head unit plug and play? Can I replace my standard air conditioning with a Climatronic unit, or is there more to it than that?
If so, what more is there that must be done to do this?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Re: Is the Climatronic head unit plug and play? (Jason_R)

no, there are all the controls that move the flaps to open or close the windsheild, head, feet ducts. and I think there are sun sensors. but I couldbe wrong.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Is the Climatronic head unit plug and play? (HIDGolf)

holy crap, really? all that?
heh

Oh well

·
Registered
4,508 Posts

HIDgolf is right, it is far from plug n play. I have tried already.

·
25,252 Posts

you aren't the only one who wants to do it. there is a new post about every two weeks. You guys should form a club.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts

Hella makes the controller. Ill prob install it in about a year...after HIDs, washers, self leveling lamps, euro bumpers, navigation.
I think the silver Jetta Wagon w/nav and dvd and screens in the headrests installed it...I dont think his is the VR6. but i might have come stock.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts

There has been at least 1 sucessful conversion to Climatronic. It's definitely NOT plug & play. I don't remember who actually did it. Have you tried the search function? (yeah, I know the search sucks)

[Modified by BostonMk4, 6:12 AM 12-6-2001]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.