VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please don't get me wrong, I think its gorgeous. But in comparison to Countach and Diablo don't you think they're heading in a more conservative direction regarding appearance?

[Modified by Fly-GTI, 12:23 PM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (Preppy)

I dig it...very clean yet aggressive too.

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (Fly-GTI)

See... maybe it was just because the Countach was the ULTIMATE exotic when I was growing up. I loved the fender flares, wings, grilles, etc.
Maybe I should appreciate the Murc. since its aggressive without all the geegaws on it?

·
Registered
30,292 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (CanuckPal)

quote:[HR][/HR]As for the Countach...it was ugly as hell.[HR][/HR]​
Wash your mouth out! The Countach was the most daring bold and utmost outrageous design to hit the streets! That thing was eeeevil But I didn't like the slots they threw in the air vents on the 25th anniv model....
Bertone captured the bull IMO.

·
Registered
2020 Mercedes A250 4Matic
18,527 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (Silly_me)

While some people think it's too tame to be a real Lamborghini, I think it returns Lambo to its roots. The old Lambos like the Miura and the original Countach were much more clean and tasteful in there design than the recent ones like the last Countachs and the early Diablos.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (Fly-GTI)

perfection does not always include gaudy add-ons...
I dig the new one except for the lower rear scoops by the back wheels they stick out too much from the body...

·
Registered
19,297 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (QuickStick)

The car looks like Pikachu from the front.
The Countach was remarkable for its time. Now, everyone and their dog is building supercars, it doesn't have quite the same passion or exclusivity as before (in a relative sense, of course).

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (A4Jetta)

It's a cleaner looking design, which some may call more conservative. However, I don't think they made a big enough change from the Diablo's basic shape. As for the details of the design, I like the Diablo better. I think the side scoop looks stupid, even if the car does have something around 500hp.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (PhilHVW)

According to CAR magazine, that thing is so powerful that even with it's highly advanced dynamic suspension it still has so much grunt that getting hard on the gas lifts the front end noticeably, shifting your view upwards.
I'd hardly call that tame.

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (SiD Fresh)

I like lambo's...they are one of the few super cars that doesn't have that "trademark supercar" type body...u know what i mean? The audi, benz, Caddi, etc...has similar looking setups in the Le Man. Porsche is pretty different also.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (SiD Fresh)

don't forget the murc. has those afterburner looking things that pop out of top/side of the car on each side. that should be cool to just watch. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (Turbopup2)

i think the car is beautiful, i hope i get the chance to drive one. you never know what is going to pop up at an upscale hotel valet job. I drove a ferrari a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (CanuckPal)

quote:[HR][/HR]In fact I would say it is definitely more agressive than the original Diablo.
How so?
As for the Countach...it was ugly as hell.
[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Re: Is the new lambo too tame? (Silly_me)

quote:[HR][/HR]Bertone captured the bull IMO.[HR][/HR]​
For awhile perhaps.. but a lot of Bertone creations HAVE been truly ugly. Fast, yes, but ugly. Pininfarina will win there almost every time. I think its time for Lambo to move up a bit to some new designs, and I bet Audi leadership has the ability to do it for them. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 20 of 45 Posts