VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
27,690 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (Jeff Peterson)

Depends on what you're looking for...these cars are all priced appropriately (a first for VW)...so you get what you pay for. You can skimp a Focus out to like $12,000 or something...but it'll be a little less car than say a $14,995 rabbit. All good vehicle choices either way. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
ps: keep in mind, its about $20 per thousand...so if you go with a $12,000 car, vs. a $15,000..look to save $60 per month on a 60-month purchase.

· Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
25,331 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (Jpics)

Don't get a tin box. Trust me, you'll want better sound insulation, better ride, high quality interior, etc. Things you will not find in a Focus.

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (chucchinchilla)

Quote, originally posted by chucchinchilla »
Don't get a tin box. Trust me, you'll want better sound insulation, better ride, high quality interior, etc. Things you will not find in a Focus.
Are the warranties the same?

· Registered
18,601 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (Jeff Peterson)

Quote, originally posted by Jeff Peterson »
Are the warranties the same?

http://www.edmunds.com is your friend.
Although this is not comparing the cars you're looking at it - it seems the Rabbit faired pretty well in a "we love Honda + Toyota" kind of world.
Go here:
http://www.caranddriver.com/co....html

Modified by Jetty! at 1:29 AM 11-28-2006

· Registered
7,839 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (Jetty!)

personally bang for the buck right now is the Mazda 3...out of your 3 choices I would say the Rabbit, the Focus is an alright car but you won't save that much if you add in all the options you can get...also the resale of a VW is much greater than that of a Ford so if you get tired of the econo box in the near future something that holds a bit of value could be good for you...
and I didn't even put Hyundai into my arguement...just guess what that means...

· Registered
2,116 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (JustinE M3)

Your more likely to get a better deal on a Focus than say with the Rabbit. VW is not exactly giving Rabbits away.
I would buy the Focus most cars in the HB segement don't hold there value very well anyways. Plus I think the service with the Ford will be better IMO.

· Registered
4,205 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (packthis)

I'd go with the Rabbit....its an all around amazing car and it sells very well over in Euriope. The MK5's are nothing new to the scene and they are built "ford tough" haha....the Focus is built like a tin can http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif Get the Wabbit!

· Registered
2,655 Posts
Quote, originally posted by packthis »
VW is not exactly giving Rabbits away.

Perhaps, but a base three-door Rabbit with the $400 16" alloy upgrade is a cracking new car for $16k sticker.
I've not yet driven the Rabbit, but was more impressed than expected at sitting in it. The cabin is cavernous from the driver's seat. Plus at 6'2" there's more than needed leg room and a huge German-approved dead pedal.
I'm a big fan of the Accent SE's potential, but IMO the base Rabbit would be a more comfortable day to day car. Only soft spot is fuel economy.

· Registered
12,718 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (crazy88)

The stench of fanboyism hangs heavy here.
I really like the new Accent, I'd probably go with that.

· Registered
'22 Maverick. '03 9-3, '67 Fairlady
23,713 Posts
Re: Is the VW Rabbit better than these? (JustinE M3)

Quote, originally posted by JustinE M3 »
personally bang for the buck right now is the Mazda 3...out of your 3 choices I would say the Rabbit, the Focus is an alright car but you won't save that much if you add in all the options you can get...also the resale of a VW is much greater than that of a Ford so if you get tired of the econo box in the near future something that holds a bit of value could be good for you...
and I didn't even put Hyundai into my arguement...just guess what that means...

I agree, for a little more, you can get a nicer Mazda 3. The Rabbit is a great deal, but I've heard that 2.5l engine isn't very lively.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.