·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TIA

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Re: ~~Is there 2 different alternator pulley's, I need a deeper one than I have~~ (Mightymouse)

I think you need the 8v one, with no AC. I could be wrong tho. either way you can grab them from the junkyard.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Re: ~~Is there 2 different alternator pulley's, I need a deeper one than I have~~ (VWJerm)

If you are looking to delete the AC and need one with a higher offset, you have two possibilties...
If you have the long snout alt, you can shim the pulley out further.
Or you can try to find an early non-AC deisel rabbit alternator pulley http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: ~~Is there 2 different alternator pulley's, I need a deeper one than I have~~ (Krautwagen)

I am actually deleting power steering.

·
Registered
20,311 Posts
Re: ~~Is there 2 different alternator pulley's, I need a deeper one than I have~~ (Mightymouse)

There seem to be so many options out there for the crank/waterpump/alt. pulleys, that I've found it to be a pretty much trial and error process.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

yes, there is a pulley for a/c cars, and for non a/c. a/c cars have a deeper (actually the shaft is longer) to accomodate the a/c belt which is not present on car's w/o a/c. i would think you can take apart or separate the longer shaft and use it without the extension for a non a/c setup. someone here will know for sure. hope this helps
steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts