VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a bike, but I'd only be able to get it if the GTI can tow it back home with me. I'm talking about a trip from CO to PA, but only about 500lbs or so.
So anyways, is there even a hitch for the GTI or has anyone tried towing anything?

TIA
And here's a lazy ass bulldog for clicks:

·
Registered
3,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Is there a tow hitch that fits on the GTI? (unitedgti)

I was kinda hoping to have something a little easier. I guess no bike for me unless I sell the GTI and get a truck. hmmm decisions, decisions

·
Internet Lighting Police
9,498 Posts
Here you go - OEM

I have no clue if it is legal in the US.

Anhängevorrichtung abnehmbar, Frontantrieb - 1J0092155A
Beschreibung
Erweitern Sie die Transportmöglichkeiten für Ihr Fahrzeug. Bei Nichtgebrauch kann der Kupplungskopf sicher im Fahrzeuginnenraum verwahrt werden. Zulässige Anhängelast/Stützlast siehe Fahrzeugpapiere/Bordbuch. Mit Befestigungsmaterial und Anbau-Anweisung.
Sachmerkmale
D-Wert [kN]: 8,5
EG Nr.: e1*94/20*0524
Fahrzeug: Frontantrieb
Hersteller: Oris
Hersteller-Typ: E 339/3
Zulässige Stützlast [kg]: 75

looks like it can support a tongue weight (is that the right term?)of 150lbs (75kg)

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
you should have let me known this 2 weeks ago...
my parents just went to CO (hour north of Denver) with an empty trailer to pick up a car...
and i live in eastern pa...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Why no roofrack? I looked into a hitch but it just wasn't practical w/ my Votex rear skirt. It isn't real bad on the fuel economy, from what I've seen. My Thule rack is dead silent as well. I've been very impressed.

~~Quentin

·
Registered
948 Posts
Re: (Quentin)

Quote, originally posted by Quentin »
Why no roofrack? I looked into a hitch but it just wasn't practical w/ my Votex rear skirt. It isn't real bad on the fuel economy, from what I've seen. My Thule rack is dead silent as well. I've been very impressed.

~~Quentin

Do you plan on keeping the rack on all the time? I was at the bike shop today contemplating this, and I think I'm going to loook into the Hidden Hitch.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.