VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question.

Digging i've done has only found one spring rate referenced for these cars. Yet when you search vw parts catalog there are two different springs listed. Going off that i'd assume theres atleast some variation in the dcc vs non dcc spring.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I my personal experience, I road in a DCC and no DCC R and found they handled and felt very similar, I had my car in sport mode.

If I knew I could enjoy non DCC so much, I would have waited for one and saved money.

I put in H&R sport srings, granted the car felt more planted, it did not handle high speed turns any better, imho..

·
Registered
153 Posts
Not sure if you will notice any difference in daily driving. I am pretty happy with my standard suspension R... no potential DCC complications down the road :)

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Im not looking for the information with regard to daily driving purposes.

Im looking for data, for potential classing/rule reasons

·
Registered
442 Posts
Simple question.

Digging i've done has only found one spring rate referenced for these cars. Yet when you search vw parts catalog there are two different springs listed. Going off that i'd assume theres atleast some variation in the dcc vs non dcc spring.

Thanks.
Yes, it would make sense.

From an engineering perspective, you mesh one spring rate with a damper, as your mass stays consistent.

My guess is to get the same result with a different/variable damper, you need to tweak the spring rate just a tad. This is not considering the impact of wheel diameter, rubber, etc etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts