VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Re: Is there any gas in Charleston SC???? (2003VeeDuBgolf)

isn't it only an hour away? I guess you are already close to 'E'

·
Registered
21,776 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2003VeeDuBgolf »
nah its 3 hours away but getting down there to no gas and then coming back is another question. I have gas to get there....

No need to go back. Just go chill out on the beach.

·
Registered
'19 Subaru Forester with the no-faster stripes
44,863 Posts
Re: (chucchinchilla)

Quote, originally posted by chucchinchilla »
Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote, originally posted by 2003VeeDuBgolf »
nah its 3 hours away but getting down there to no gas and then coming back is another question. I have gas to get there....

damn, i guess you're right..i always use to cut through aiken when I was going to SC...i forgot it was that far

·
Registered
89,630 Posts
Re: (BostonB6)

Quote, originally posted by BostonB6 »

Rumors caused a run at the pumps.

It's been that way today here. A rumor of a gas shortage caused...*gasp* a gas shortage. And I mean people took every vehicle and container they had and filled them up today- and employers let their employees leave work for a few minutes just to fill up (everything). Gas went from $3.60 this morning to $4.50 now. And no, it's not gouging.
People are stupid.

·
Registered
12,097 Posts
Re: (BRealistic)

Quote, originally posted by BRealistic »

It's been that way today here. A rumor of a gas shortage caused...*gasp* a gas shortage. And I mean people took every vehicle and container they had and filled them up today- and employers let their employees leave work for a few minutes just to fill up (everything). Gas went from $3.60 this morning to $4.50 now. And no, it's not gouging.
People are stupid.

Same thing here in SC on the CLT, NC border. The ~10 closest stations to my house right now are out of gas w/ yellow tape around the pumps and troopers parked in the lot. All cause of signs saying "No more than 10 gal per customer please - due to Ike".
And 87 octane went from $3.89 at 7AM today to $4.59 by 5PM!

Modified by tbvvw at 7:25 PM 9-12-2008

·
Registered
4,177 Posts

This hasn't made it up to Philly yet. We're still around $3.50 for regular, and I didn't see any closed stations tonight. Apparently the refineries are already shut down though. I guess we'll have to see what happens this weekend.
-Andrew L

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Re: Is there any gas in Charleston SC???? (rimtrim)

Quote, originally posted by rimtrim »
This hasn't made it up to Philly yet. We're still around $3.50 for regular, and I didn't see any closed stations tonight. Apparently the refineries are already shut down though. I guess we'll have to see what happens this weekend.
-Andrew L

It likely won't effect the area, NJ pretty much is the petroleum distribution hub of the northeast. Of course I plan on driving to Winston-Salem NC tomm.... oh joy. I'll be topping off the tank in VA a bit.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Re: Is there any gas in Charleston SC???? (NJRoadfan)

Quote, originally posted by NJRoadfan »
It likely won't effect the area, NJ pretty much is the petroleum distribution hub of the northeast. Of course I plan on driving to Winston-Salem NC tomm.... oh joy. I'll be topping off the tank in VA a bit.

Yeah, I figure if it's just a precautionary outage of the refineries, we'll be fine. If they actually get taken out by the flooding, there's going to be a ripple effect even if we don't get our fuel from those refineries.
A few days after Katrina, I took a pic of regular gas selling for $3.16, because I figured that would be a historic high...
-Andrew L

Modified by rimtrim at 5:21 PM 9-12-2008

·
Registered
90 Corrado, 97 B4 TDI, '10 CC 4 MO
4,372 Posts
Re: Is there any gas in Charleston SC???? (rimtrim)

Quote, originally posted by rimtrim »
-Andrew L

I did notice a 12 cent increase on regular today in South Jersey on Flying J's web page. It was 3.23 this morning and tonight it is 3.35.
Suprisingly, diesel didn't rise it is 3.87

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.