VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Bentley shows that these are just pressed together w/ plastic spacers, but I think I see some glue holding it together.
I replaced the frame part on my old G60, but that was years ago.
How the hell do I seperate these pieces? I already broke off some of the plastic, it just doesn't want to give...
This is from a SLC is that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Is there any way to seperate the headlamps/lens off of the headlight adjusting frame? (GKONYA)

Anyone? I think this must be a common problem, I think you would need to seperate these peices when installing euro-lights. No?
I'm seriously gonna bust these out if I can't seperate the damn things.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Re: Is there any way to seperate the headlamps/lens off of the headlight adjusting frame? (GKONYA)

I just replaced the adjusters on one of my headlights since they broke. If you look at the plastic adjuster piece it has a tab that snaps in. If you take a small pick or screwdriver, you can bend it up a little and it will pop out. pop both adjusters out and the frame and headlamp lens are now two pieces! be careful though, those adjusters are probably old and brittle. Good news is they are still available from the dealer and actually pretty cheap.
myk

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: Is there any way to seperate the headlamps/lens off of the headlight adjusting frame? (MYK)

how much are these adjusters?? i need a few!! and a partnumber would be nice.. my question is how do you get the old adjusters off? the white toothed thingy seems to be press fit onto the screw thingy and i don't know how it comes out!
the glass lens can be pried off of the reflector. the lens is stuck to the reflector with some stuff that looks like caulking, but it's probably some super adhesive window sealer or something..
i actually have one headlight in pieces and i have a digi cam.. maybe i should take some pics?
beenana

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Re: Is there any way to seperate the headlamps/lens off of the headlight adjusting frame? (beenana)

The piece that goes into the actual lens snaps in. Pull up on the tab and it will pop out. That piece attaches to the adjuster piece with a ball and socket type connection. You can pop those out as well but they are in there pretty tight. The adjuster and the mount piece are separate. I can't remember the price but remember they weren't that expensive and the parts guy just looked up the headlights and the adjusters and clips were separate part numbers. I'll dig around to see if I still have the receipt somewhere to get the number. Take a pic or two and I'll go John Madden on it in paint or something to tell you where to pry etc.

myk

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: Is there any way to seperate the headlamps/lens off of the headlight adjusting frame? (MYK)

ok here are the pics:

beenana

1 - 6 of 6 Posts