VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I have reached the end of my knowledge of this. I have tried numerous times using numerous methods to get my car to go into reverse with no success. I need some help from someone who would know how to help. I will pay you in beer.

Thank You,

Justin

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I have reached the end of my knowledge of this. I have tried numerous times using numerous methods to get my car to go into reverse with no success. I need some help from someone who would know how to help. I will pay you in beer.

Thank You,

Justin
detail the methods you've used, that might help get you some responses. did you try the actual shifter alignment tool using the instructions in the bentley manual?

are all the bushings worn or new? clutch adjusted properly (if applicable)?

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i apologize. i have used the tape method several times, i found a drawing of the tool printed and traced it on cardboard and made my own. new shift linkage bushings. i have moved the shifter all the way to the right to see if it would go into reverse in another position. reverse isnt bad because it worked the when i bought it once (this was before the small clip for the linkage which was being held on by wires broke all the way). I can engage reverse from the engine bay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.